Who's going for the new C2D's that are comin' out!

I'm probably not going to because I'm waiting for the first round of price drops on the quad cores.

I'm more interested in the 6320 and 6420 personally. Those are some pretty good prices for 4mb cache chips. I'd like to see how retailers separates them from the 6300/6400 practically speaking (price differences).

I'm also interested in seeing how the "budget" C2D's do on boards with weak OCing. Even the stock 266mhz with current C2D boards would be a big jump with the high multipliers, and should theoretically be attainable without board limits (other than possibly CPU voltage).

that shit pisses me off. i just bought the e6300 and now for what i paid i could get a e6420...wow thanks intel lol

that shit pisses me off. i just bought the e6300 and now for what i paid i could get a e6420...wow thanks intel lol

Not till second quarter sillypants

By then it will just be an evolutionary step forward for the lineup. Processors get faster over time, you should be thrilled about it. Yay progress!!!

why do you prefer the Xeons over the reg C2Ds?

just more stress testing? you think they'll OC better?
The CPU use fewer volts to run so it should overclock a tad bit better, and run quieter. They also were released yesterday so I'm just waiting for a shipment to newegg. I also do a lot of photographing in RAW format so I need a quad core CPU, to process the huge files. (My rig in my signature just can't cut it any more)

Plus a Xeon's are not used in dsktop rig a lot, so part of it is bragging rights.;)

Plus a Xeon's are not used in dsktop rig a lot, so part of it is bragging rights.;)

Do they work in regular desktop boards? I thought you needed a the Socket 771 boards and those boards don't OC at all usually.

I had a dual 3GHz Xeon system for about 2 years (it was the Northwood derivative, whatever it was called, started with a P?). That was an awesome system. I've got a QX6700 @ 3.2 GHz right now but someday ... someday I will have to put together another monster of a Xeon system :D

Maybe not one of the new ones, but E6600 for $230? Let me go clean up the mess I just made.

Someone please explain the reasoning behind the pricing of the E6400 and E6420 for me. According to that link, they're both going to be the same price, but the E6420 has double the cache. What's the catch here?

SLiGuy;1030463848]Maybe not one of the new ones, but E6600 for $230? Let me go clean up the mess I just made.

HAHA!

Someone please explain the reasoning behind the pricing of the E6400 and E6420 for me. According to that link, they're both going to be the same price, but the E6420 has double the cache. What's the catch here?
Perhaps the 6420 is intended to completely replace the 6400?

Which motherboards will be compatible with newer Intel chips down the line (upgrade path)?
Intel 965 or 975 or both?

I was going to get one from ZZF yesterday, but at the price- I ended up click buy for the QX6700.

Next price drop will get a Xeon x3210 for the Server.

Looking to get an E4300 once they are released and the price gouging has subsided. ;)

If they would just throw that E6420 on the market right away I'd probably be getting that as opposed to an E6600...

Considering I already own a QX6700, an E6700, and more, I'm fine for now.

I am curious, how do you keep your E-penis from dragging on the floor.

Same here, I hope it is the next Celly 300A ;)

Well, the Celly did a 50% overclock, a big thing for its time. 1.8 to 3.42? That's considerably better, yanno... I mean, like... considerably better...

Makes me reconsider my decision to not mess with building a desktop PC anymore, actually. With a little watercooling, I can easily see a 100% overclock with that processor if the results of that posted review hold across the product line.

Damn... I mean that's absolutely amazing, truly.

Core 2 Duo... The Return of The King... and don't you forget it :D

My wish list is all set on newegg, all I need is a price stabilized e4300 and my money will be all gone!!!!!!!

release this damn chip I cant wait any longer!

I'm in for an E4300 if it overclocks well. The 9x multi should help a lot. By the time it comes out there should be s'more good 650i boards too.

Well, the Celly did a 50% overclock, a big thing for its time. 1.8 to 3.42? That's considerably better, yanno... I mean, like... considerably better...

Makes me reconsider my decision to not mess with building a desktop PC anymore, actually. With a little watercooling, I can easily see a 100% overclock with that processor if the results of that posted review hold across the product line.

Damn... I mean that's absolutely amazing, truly.

Core 2 Duo... The Return of The King... and don't you forget it :D

Why I said "Next Celly 300A" is because in that time, a Celeron 300A overclocked to 450 run the same as a P2-450 for a lot less money. The E4300 will do the same thing (huge overclocking for cheap)... A 100% overclocking is something nobody should be stupid enough to ignore.

The only question is : Does those E4X00 yield the same OC range as the better E6XX0, which we should know very soon.

i read somewhere that ram prices will be dropping in the next month or so.

anywho, i'm waiting for the E4300, i just want to hit 3ghz and it should be doable. also waiting for MSI's P6N Platinum (650i SLi) to be released. should be a good match.

Going for the 2GHz/4MB once I get my school money!

This seems like the best bang for the buck solution. The "higher" multiplier with the 4mb cache. Hopefully they'll OC decently (3.0Ghz+) because it sounds like they will just be the speed binned rejects of their higher chips.

I am actually rather happy with my e6300, but maybe I will upgrade to the e6320 and sell the old chip on fleabay...

I am curious, how do you keep your E-penis from dragging on the floor.

I'm really tall., and I loop it over my shoulder, like a mountain climber with rigging rope.

I wasn't bragging, i was just saying that, none of the new announced products shows me interest, as I've already got equal to better products from intel.

Sow me a QX6850 or something (2.93ghz, 8mb, 4 core, 1333mhz fsb) and I might be interested.

my C2Q cost under $1000
my E6700 cost under $500

Wouldn't you have bought them if you could?

my recently refreshed storage array in sys1 cost me a little over 1100.
for 2.8TB AFTER raid & formatting.

Do I have to be rich to do this? No. I have a credit card, and don't have to spend money on an S.O.
I also make a good wage, and used to spend my money on a fuel-guzzling car.
I've tripled the mileage I get out of my daily driver, and I drive, A LOT, so I have a lot more
disposable income.

I am saving $300+ a MONTH on fuel !

It's amazing what you can do if you cut corners.
I've cut my cable TV down to 'basic' service, (because without basic cable, we'd get maybe 3 stations here)
My cable bill went from $130 a month to $47
3 months like that, buys me 2 more GB of ram.

Wow you make me wanna save a bit hehe, Im really waiting for Vista and Gaming performance to upgrade to Intel, For me all i use my PC for is gaming about 75% of the time while my other just is a Usenet Slave. Hopefully the upcoming games will take advantage of Quad Cores.

Do I have to be rich to do this? No. I have a credit card, and don't have to spend money on an S.O.
I also make a good wage, and used to spend my money on a fuel-guzzling car.
I've tripled the mileage I get out of my daily driver, and I drive, A LOT, so I have a lot more
disposable income.

I am saving $300+ a MONTH on fuel !

It's amazing what you can do if you cut corners.
I've cut my cable TV down to 'basic' service, (because without basic cable, we'd get maybe 3 stations here)
My cable bill went from $130 a month to $47
3 months like that, buys me 2 more GB of ram.

Amen, brutha! No girlfriend + living with parents +good job = tons of excess money. My only expenses are gas and school (which will actually go way up when I transfer from a CC to a University next fall).

Amen, brutha! No girlfriend + living with parents +good job = tons of excess money. My only expenses are gas and school (which will actually go way up when I transfer from a CC to a University next fall).

i wish i could live with my parents right now. they want me to move in, but where they live there is only dial-up internet available. sorry.. i lived there with 2kps downloads for too long, i cant go back after having high speed:p

Back