Who's lost a 7950GX2 so far? I lost one last night...

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Card just pooped out on me last night, for some reason the machine wont boot with it and gives no video signal, the second 7950GX2 works great. No OCing or anything, machine always ran 24/7 without any problems.... I even tried swapping the cards around with no luck.

This makes me think, if mine just died for no reason whatsoever... I wonder how many else out there lost their cards in the line of duty?

I've been running my single 7950 for over a month with no problems so I hope that I wont.

iv been running mine since they came out and no hitch. In fact darn thing is very very rock stable.

I hope these don't start acting like the 7900s, heck if they do we won't know for a while (and then nV and their partners will try to cover it up again....)

Sovereign said:
I hope these don't start acting like the 7900s, heck if they do we won't know for a while (and then nV and their partners will try to cover it up again....)

Dont even go there.

So far things are looking good as far as the 7950GX2 is concerned... We'll just have to see how things pan out.

Been running mine overclocked by about 60-70% of it's overclocking potential for about a month, no problems at all.

Yeah I've had no problems either and been running it since the day it came out on quad sli... just all of a sudden card refuses to work.

I guess I got the bad vegetable in the pile.

Yeah - so far yeilds of those cards seems to be realy good. this is the 1st I have actually read about a bad one. There's going to be one in every batch. :( sorry 'bout that.

Well the RMA was approved and it's being sent in today. I was just curious as if this is a trend or anything or just basically getting statistics from the general population on failures.

Good thing I still have another 7950gx2 to hold me over :)

Ockie said:
Well the RMA was approved and it's being sent in today. I was just curious as if this is a trend or anything or just basically getting statistics from the general population on failures.

Good thing I still have another 7950gx2 to hold me over :)

Awwwwwwwwwwwww you poor kid. He only has one card. Imagine how I feel since im only running one card. Anyway hopefully you will get the other card soon. :D

lol, yea he's in such a mess with only one. btw, i'm running a 7900GT overclocked a bit without any problems. what were the big problems i keep hearing about? a link to a different thread would work... :cool:

my 2nd day :rolleyes: i love mine :) no problems, you could of goten a bad card or it could of overheated to its death? who knows.

Actually, mine died just yesterday. The RAM has gone bad, I believe. Random crashes + BIOS beeping at me has lead me to RMA it :(

Thin Man said:
Actually, mine died just yesterday. The RAM has gone bad, I believe. Random crashes + BIOS beeping at me has lead me to RMA it :(

Well that makes it two :)

Back