Why ACD?! Why are you not HDCP Compliant? :(

vudoo

Limp Gawd
I've been trying to hook up the X360 HD DVD box to my PC so I can watch HD movies on the 23" ACD. I finally found PowerDVD 6.5 and was all happy when I put in V for Vendetta. I get like some blue/pink/green smear and no picture. Then it hit me. The ACD isn't HDCP compliant. I didn't think of this. God dammit. I HATE this HDCP bullshit. :mad:
How come Apple didn't get HDCP for the displays? Will ever?

Well I don't think HDCP is your problem since the 360 is not HDCP.

It is the problem. People have done the same thing but w/ HDCP LCDs and it works fine for them.

does it play on a normal monitor? (analog?) and it wouldn't matter, if its not HDCP it automatically pushs the single to 480p instead. So...either way something is up with your pc.

As far as i've heard, hdcp isn't enabled on current releases.
(From what i've been told in my various forays into bluray vs hddvd discussions)

KaosDG said:
As far as i've heard, hdcp isn't enabled on current releases.
(From what i've been told in my various forays into bluray vs hddvd discussions)

Thats what I was thinking as well. Could be wrong though.

swatbat said:
Thats what I was thinking as well. Could be wrong though.

In any case, it's supposed to just scale it back to 480p if the HDCP path is borked.

Also, what video card does the OP have and is it HDCP compliant as well? Because if that's not HDCP, then it won't matter if the monitor was HDCP or not.

vudoo said:
How come Apple didn't get HDCP for the displays? Will ever?

Apple will have to go with an HDCP line, at some point.

They are heavy into the media production / media-centric, so I'd have to say they're going to.

Unless, of course they can somehow get these numbskulls to drop HDCP altogether.

Back