Why did I just now discover the reference 4090 has RGB?

LigTasm

Supreme [H]ardness
How did I not know this was a thing? Do all the Nvidia reference cards have it? Who decided to make the logo white only though? My brain hurts.

The 4090 FE? I suppose because Nvidia doesn't have software that can control the RGB?

The 4090 FE? I suppose because Nvidia doesn't have software that can control the RGB?

Yeah, the FE. I thought it just lit up white but it has LEDs in the middle that are RGB. I was messing with RGB Fusion and I saw it showed GPU, so I changed it and sure enough it actually works. I had honestly never read anywhere that these cards had any RGB capabilities.

people have been talking aboot it for over a year, here and on reddit etc
https://hardforum.com/threads/px1-rgb-control-of-4090-fe.2023858/

Thats the first I've ever seen of it, I had absolutely no idea. I tried to google it and only AIB 4090s came up. I wouldn't have even seen it if my system was in a case right now, but its sitting on top of the motherboard box with no other RGB. I thought it was a reflection from my fans on the card lmao

EDIT: the reason I even saw it is the RGB on my EK AIO died, so I was plugging the things in one at a time and trying to change the color. Uh, the EK fans made a pop sound and then a burnt smell came out, so I think thats a hard no on the "does it work" question. Header still works fine though 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes, you can also control it with OpenRGB. I like dimming the "GEFORCE RTX" logo all the way down to 1. Or just turning it off. At default that logo is way too bright!

Thats the first I've ever seen of it, I had absolutely no idea. I tried to google it and only AIB 4090s came up. I wouldn't have even seen it if my system was in a case right now, but its sitting on top of the motherboard box with no other RGB. I thought it was a reflection from my fans on the card lmao

EDIT: the reason I even saw it is the RGB on my EK AIO died, so I was plugging the things in one at a time and trying to change the color. Uh, the EK fans made a pop sound and then a burnt smell came out, so I think thats a hard no on the "does it work" question. Header still works fine though 🤷‍♂️
Yep, last gen I am almost positive it was 3080FE + that all had it.

I never had a 3070FE (I think they existed...) but I had several 3060ti and they do not have RGB.

i believe 4xxx series is the same. but 4080 owners could speak up, i did see in one of the 4090 RGB threads a 4080 owner not having any luck controlling their card with OpenRGB.

cheers

Back