Why does aero run so slow on 6800gt?

At work a p4 with intel graphics - a score of 3 - doesn't have this problem. How the heck does mine?

I have a experience index score of 5.1 - QUOTE

Sorry, but is 5.1 the lowest score? (i forgot, coz it was a while since ive used vista)

on my [email protected] the lowest score was 4.8(I think calculations thingy), but 3D rendering apps(games) were rated at 5.9(with 7950gx2), the rest were 5.8, 5.7, and i think 5.4(or .6).
But my desktop performance was great, couldn't complain about it... just the games performance made me switch back to xp.(i.e.BF2142)...

ya 5.1 is lowest score. cpu and gaming graphics are 5.1. graphics is 5.9

I just don't get it. Maybe all nforce 3 boards have this problem?

I've heard that nForce 3 boards have a problem with the AGP driver that forces the AGP slot into PCI mode with no AGP benefits. Maybe that's what you're experiencing?

May be...,
I was using 939, but i doubd itd make that much difference.

so then every nforce 3 user has this problem?

No, they shouldn't, I was running various versions of the beta build on an NF3 board with everything from a 6800GT up to a 7900GT. Heck, I had a temp 6200LE in my previous NF4 board and it was passable for Aero. All the effects were there, only flip3d was a bit "framey".

Which driver are useing.

Nvidia drivers thus far have been iffy at best.

If you are using the most current then maybe try an older one and see what happens strange things happen when you switch drivers. You might surprise yourself.

i don't know but I do remember for me when playing games with vsync on made my movements do the exact same thing. I know it sounds stupid but try turning it off if it's on.

exactly it's my lowest score

how do i find out if my 6800gt is running in pci mode?

its nvidia video card option, not vista. I was thinking since aero utilized your video cards GPU (ie.its a 3d app), it might help. I've also heard disabling vsync helps with tearing in Vista so who knows.

I have a 6800GT and I have not experienced th is.. my issues is only 1GB of DDR400 on an A64 3000+ :(

That'll change soon. :cool:

I think theres also 'aero decktop performance experience rating'(somthing like that), what is it? coz if your lowest score is 5.1 - no way should you have a problem

I have a 6800GT and I have not experienced th is.. my issues is only 1GB of DDR400 on an A64 3000+ :(

That'll change soon. :cool:

My friend wants me to sell his 2GB Corsair kit. Interested? lol this isn't the FS/FT thread... sorry..also sorry to be off topic on this thread.

Ok sorry, 5.1's his lowest score, my bad.

then make a suggestion man, why waste a post with that crap?

Its not crap, you provided misleading information, I was correcting it-- your response, if anything, was crap.

As for adding info, I experienced something like that although it wasn't with scrollbars. I noticed that the backdrops of highlighted items in the start menu list would trail my mouse cursor, after I updated to the 101.41 betas that were recently leaked that behavior went away. Try the betas and see if that helps.

64bit:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1591

32bit:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1590

Sorry, based on past drivers I've always assumed the betas were leaked.. apparently not anymore. ;)

aero rating is 5.9

I also tried 101.41 - same thing.

I think theres also 'aero decktop performance experience rating'(somthing like that), what is it? coz if your lowest score is 5.1 - no way should you have a problem

Have you tried reinstalling vista, i really cant think of much more:p . If areo is 5.9! than WTF is its problem?

Back