Why Does My 2407WFP Dell make a disconnect noise when turned off?

falconman515

Limp Gawd
Ive had this display for about 2 weeks now and i frigin love it but i just noticed something....when the speakers are on and i turn the display off it makes the ding dung sound that something being unpluged sounds like (you know like if you plug in a usb periferal and makes the connect dong sound) and when you turn it back on it makes the higher ding dong sound (like a perfiral being pluged back in). it has the Media reader and usb ports so i thought that was why it makes the sound but i disabled all those ports and then turned it off and it still makes that sound.....this may be something that happens but i havent noticed it before know.... the only thing new ive pluged in to the moniter is the Nostromo N52 gaming pad into the display but i disabled the inputs and it stil makes the sound (i took out all things pluged into the moniter usb and it still makes the noise)like something is disconnecting, ive had previous displays on this pc and this has never happened and its weird that i havent heard it in the last 2 weeks until know!

any suggestions on why this happening?

even if you have all the ports disabled, the monitor itself still counts as a USB device. So when you turn the monitor off, the comptuer registers it as a USB device being disconnected.

If it really bothers you then just have windows power management put it to "sleep" after a specified time of inactivity...it hardly uses any power and is probably better for the electronics than the power surge when you hit the on button.

Back