Why does UT2004 reboot my machine everytime I quit the game?

EGGO

Gawd
The title basically says my problem. I don't know if it's software or hardware issues. It seems to have done this after I installed the newest patch: Windows Patch 3339.

No idea what exactly is going on here (come to think of it, it does the same thing with my Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield game).

I'm using Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 2). I doubt my hardware is causing any problems (check sig). The only thing I can think of that could cause this problem is that it's the 5 CD version bought from Wal-Mart =0þ

Mine f'ing BSOD's. Even at close to stock while I get killer clocks in everything else 24/7. It doesn't like me. :(

3500+ @ 2.65GHz and also at stock, GSkill Le 265Fsb or 225, it doesnt matter what I set it happens. BFG 6800 GT OC as well. Granted I havent really messed with stock but have 225*10. Everytime I chase something like this I find out I was right and it's not my system. Like RTCW:ET crashing me for changing video, which results in a safe mode where I change video settings, oops crash-eroo again. Anyways, I'm going to go play now :D People will say it's our agressive overclocks but whatever.... runs the game like a champ for no matter 1 hour or all day. Try to exit.... puff... later. So might as well play by 265-270*10 until I feel like I must absolutely try 200*11.

It's your video drivers. It's a known Nvidia bug and should be fixed in the next release.

Ludic said:
It's your video drivers. It's a known Nvidia bug and should be fixed in the next release.

Ah, thanks. When you say release, you mean driver updates for nVidia right? If so I'll keep waiting.

There is a fix out there. I belive it has something to do with AMD64 chips, windows and nVidia. Go to the offical forums, I found the fix there.

If your running athalon 64, you need to modify your boot.ini so that /noexecute is set to AlwaysOff (/noexecute=AlwaysOff).

bobbydole said:
There is a fix out there. I belive it has something to do with AMD64 chips, windows and nVidia. Go to the offical forums, I found the fix there.

Nvidia seams to be having a bunch of problems as of late ....

kellog said:
If your running athalon 64, you need to modify your boot.ini so that /noexecute is set to AlwaysOff (/noexecute=AlwaysOff).

Forgive this n00b, but he doesn't know how to do that :eek:

I always noticed this game makes my computer run slow as crap for like 2 minutes after I exit the game. I have never had a problem with it rebooting my computer though, crappy Nvidia :)

Ludic said:

oh, thats good to know, it only started happening to me when I went from my P4 to A64 rig, but I also did update my video card drivers when I did this, so that might be the case.

EGGO said:
Forgive this n00b, but he doesn't know how to do that :eek:

open:
c:\boot.ini
change:
/noexecute=optin
to:
/noexecute=alwaysoff

Xrave said:
open:
c:\boot.ini
change:
/noexecute=optin
to:
/noexecute=alwaysoff

No wonder I couldn't find it. I did a search for it and I couldn't find it...because it doesn't seem to be there.

cdrive.jpg

you need to turn on the option to show all files, that can be dangerous though. if you want to edit your boot ini. Start, Run, msconfig, boot.ini

hy its happening the same to me,i tried this but it only held for 3 pc starts but in my case it restarts when i enter a game.

Back