Why I fold

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
My father by marriage died on Saturday. He was an electrical engineer and a purchasing manager for a defense contractor in El Segundo, California.

He suffered with Alzheimers Disease for the past 18 months. He first entered an Alzheimers care center about five weeks ago. He was 87 years old and in great physical health... as far as we knew.

While in the care facility his kidneys stopped working and he quickly succumbed.

Let's keep on folding and kill the beasts!

Thoughts and prayers brother, sorry. Here's to him!

Stay strong Pocatello! This is why we all fold! FOLD ON MY [H]ARD BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

87, and a EE to boot.
He lived and worked through some interesting times for the space age and electronics.
I'm sure he lived a good life.
Sorry for your loss.

/me raises glass to family and friends

Pocatello, my condolences brother.

I hope peace finds your family in this difficult time.

Fold on brothers and sisters.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how you feel, my mother is in the early stages of the disease :(

You guys will all be in my thougts and prayer, and I hope that you find comfort during these times. It's not getting any easier, and the older I get the more I realize that my family and I are going to have to deal with more of these situations.

Stay strong, and fold [H]ard Sir... we're all right there with you.

Robert

My Condolences on your loss.

Fold on Brothers - plenty of diseases to be crushed

You and your family have my deepest condolences.

Fold on, Brothern, fold on.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Alzheimers is an insidious disease.

The realization that he was not the same man any longer was difficult. He looked the same but he was gone to me and my wife.

All my condolences Pocatello ! Alzheimer's disease is a tuff bugger to deal with and my GF work in a retirement house with lots of elder people suffering from this disease and it's sad...

My father by marriage died on Saturday. He was an electrical engineer and a purchasing manager for a defense contractor in El Segundo, California.

He suffered with Alzheimers Disease for the past 18 months. He first entered an Alzheimers care center about five weeks ago. He was 87 years old and in great physical health... as far as we knew.

While in the care facility his kidneys stopped working and he quickly succumbed.

Let's keep on folding and kill the beasts!

I'm so sorry to hear. The fight goes on....the fight goes on.

Back