why i love my wifes Ipod but dont want one yet/

flynlr

2[H]4U
wife has a 2gb nano and its great BUT!. is there some reason the apple wont make an ipod with an integrated AM/FM tuner " could use the Headphones as an antenna"
i really hate having to carrie an AM/fm device and an ipod to work with me.
and yes i due carry my sony portable radio with me to wrk. and steal my wifes ipod every now and then .

Black Morty Rackham said:
Teh Steve is convinced that radio sucks.
talk radio addict and a news junkie so radio is the only way i get news at work

just buy the creative zen vision m, it has an integrated am/fm tuner. i think its a better device than the ipod video.

my friend recently bought a nano with the radio remote, and the quality was really good. it would be much better if the tuner was actually built IN to the ipod, but this device was pretty cool.

IMHO, steve wants podcasting to become THE mainstream means of distributed content, much like radio was in the early 20th century. He seems all about giving up old technologies and riding the wave of the future, and that's just what he's doing here.

BioPort said:
just buy the creative zen vision m, it has an integrated am/fm tuner. i think its a better device than the ipod video.

Oh, so you're the guy who bought the Zen.

It only takes one to convince the CEO of Creative that he has an iPod killer. =p

-E

Black Morty Rackham said:
He probably went "zomg!!1 someone bought a zenn! aple r doooomed!!!1"
LOL! Totally. I can see it now. "We sold one Zen so now lets raise the price so we can show we are the premium choice MP3 DAP maker."

-E

flynlr said:
talk radio addict and a news junkie so radio is the only way i get news at work

Give podcasts a try. I don't get any radio reception at work and have recently become addicted to podcasts. You might even be able to find some of your favorite radio shows available. I hardly listen to any music on my iPod anymore lol.

Give podcasts a try. I don't get any radio reception at work and have recently become addicted to podcasts. You might even be able to find some of your favorite radio shows available. I hardly listen to any music on my iPod anymore lol.
i'm also a talk radio junkie, and i love podcasts. i still listen to music on my ipod, but only when there are no new podcasts to listen to. i'd guess any talk radio fan will find something they like.

I allways listen to the radio trough iTunes at work. You can add your local favourite stations if they transmit trough the net.

I allways listen to AM1710 - Antioch, the Great Gildersleeve rules! :D

I have nothing to add to the OP, but this thread made me laugh out loud! You guys rule.

Oh yeah, get the am/fm tuner that Apple released a few months ago. :p

I'll get an Ipod when it has a Terabyte of memory, Costs $20 bucks, has free XM\Siruius,FM,AM,Satellite TV. (It will happen eventually)... No, I don't mean using that Sling device... ;-)

Just look how people don't care to buy sony walkmans.. .did you see how much that used to cost!???

Until then, i'll just whistle or hum. When i'm in the car, i'll tune in to the rock stations.

If you're looking for a radio, I'd suggest checking out the www.iaudio.com X5L. For those of us who don't use iTMS or any of the WMP music stores, I think this is currently the best HDD MP3 player out there. Video capability is a little weak because of its small screen, but it plays FLACs and OGGs, as well as MP3 and WMV music. It has an integrated radio tuner, and a few other little nicities like USB-HOST mode, photo viewing etc...

Back