Why is Lian Li cases so expensive?

Lian Li cases aren't flawless, but generally better than others. Thick alu, smart inner design, quality of the work (except maybe for the fans they use).

Plus they are doing it for over 20 years. That's experience, right?

Actually they've been making aluminum cases for about 7 years, after Cooler Master and Soldam. Lian-Li started as a company making removable hard drive racks.

So let me get this straight. Silverstone and Lian li are both great companies for PC cases. Their the companies who doesn't make ricer out cases am I right? If that's true.. can someone point out a good not ricer case of Silverstone for me? At a reasonable price of course haha

and when it comes to quiet and material who would you bet your money on.. Silverstone or Lian li?

Right now i'm looking for a non ricer case and very quiet or at least more quiet then the Antec 900

I paid about 65 dollars AR for my p180 and i absolutely love this case. everything is well laid out has plenty of options for cooling, no rough edges and its super quiet. i also have 6 120mm fans going in it and its barely audible in a quiet room. it also looks very sleek in my opinion. the antec 900 is nice but the LED lights and super huge fan wasnt for me :p

i anticipate this case will last me several builds...and also the integrated dust filters are helpful and do indeed work. the new p180s also have the revisions from the p182 so it has holes for water cooling if i ever decide to go that route.

i had considered lian li cases before but after reading some review touting their downsides (flimsy, overheating in smaller models, poor cable management, poor included fans. i know these are all subjective). the one thing i like about lian li is that they have the removable motherboard tray which i would like to see in more cases. i opted to save money and go for the p180 which has worked out perfectly for me and i would recommend to any builder.

I have a Lian-Li PC-7B plus II. As awesome as it is, I kinda wish I spent a bit more for things like a removable mobo tray lol :(

The mobo tray is my fav thing about my LL. However the amount of screws are another story. I really miss my toolless cases. My first LL will also be my last if I cant get away from the screws.

So let me get this straight. Silverstone and Lian li are both great companies for PC cases. Their the companies who doesn't make ricer out cases am I right? If that's true.. can someone point out a good not ricer case of Silverstone for me? At a reasonable price of course haha

and when it comes to quiet and material who would you bet your money on.. Silverstone or Lian li?

Right now i'm looking for a non ricer case and very quiet or at least more quiet then the Antec 900

What kind of material are you looking for? Steel or Aluminum? I myself am a Silverstone fan. I've got the TJ06 and it's a very nice case. It has a steel body with an aluminum front bezel. Goes for $120 or less. About the only cheap all aluminum SS's are going to be the Evolution series and HTPC series and those are for micro-ATX sized boards.

when it comes to quiet that will depend on the case. some are specifically designed to be quiet. material and build quality i would go with Silverstone. having seen and felt both the TJ09 and V2000 the nod goes to SS.

This should be the Why we love our Lian-Li cases thread...

well I know this thread is about Lian li but it could be for something else too :p Right now I wanna compare Silverstone to Lian li. But overall I think Lian li is still top. I just checked out the silverstone cases. Good prices and material but overall the looks isn't my style.

As for the question before yours. I definately want aluminum. NOT steel. I have went over steel cases after another and right now I need better material and light as a feather. So, I'm probably going to purchase the lian li case today over at ncix and hopefully get it by friday :D
I'm just deciding which one to get...

I was kind of reluctant to dish out money for a Lian Li but I'm glad I did. I have a PC-A05B. It's sturdy, elegant, and simple.

It's a sleeper. People look at it and they say LOLNUB THAY DONT HAEV LED LIGHTS COMP SUX

Then I pwn.
Oh, how I pwn.

I was kind of reluctant to dish out money for a Lian Li but I'm glad I did. I have a PC-A05B. It's sturdy, elegant, and simple.

It's a sleeper. People look at it and they say LOLNUB THAY DONT HAEV LED LIGHTS COMP SUX

Then I pwn.
Oh, how I pwn.

Don't you know, lights make it faster - duh!
I agree with at first not wanting to dish that kind of money out for a case. After you see feel the quality of Lian Li, or in my case Silverstone, you really appreciate your investment more - or at least I did :)

I paid about 65 dollars AR for my p180 and i absolutely love this case. everything is well laid out has plenty of options for cooling, no rough edges and its super quiet. i also have 6 120mm fans going in it and its barely audible in a quiet room. it also looks very sleek in my opinion. the antec 900 is nice but the LED lights and super huge fan wasnt for me :p

i anticipate this case will last me several builds...and also the integrated dust filters are helpful and do indeed work. the new p180s also have the revisions from the p182 so it has holes for water cooling if i ever decide to go that route.

i had considered lian li cases before but after reading some review touting their downsides (flimsy, overheating in smaller models, poor cable management, poor included fans. i know these are all subjective). the one thing i like about lian li is that they have the removable motherboard tray which i would like to see in more cases. i opted to save money and go for the p180 which has worked out perfectly for me and i would recommend to any builder.

P180 doesn't even compare to something like the TJ09, I have both. The P180 is cramped to work in, next to impossible to hide wires in because of the way it's setup even with a modular PS. Don't have that problem with the TJ09. It's got 2 2900XTs and was still easy to wire.

P180 doesn't even compare to something like the TJ09, I have both. The P180 is cramped to work in, next to impossible to hide wires in because of the way it's setup even with a modular PS. Don't have that problem with the TJ09. It's got 2 2900XTs and was still easy to wire.

Wow, I'm glad to hear someone having similar issues as me with the P180, It's nice, and it's constructed well, the concepts can work, but jsut the way it's somehow arrange, like you said, it's impossible to hide wires, and yes, even with a modular PSU. I do believe the P180 is quiet compared to Lian-Li cases, so for anyone that's concerned about it, they can consider that, however, case noise dampening, it an affordable solution. The fans used in the case are important as well. Probably that 4 Antec 120mm fans I have are really silent? IDK, but just my thoughts.

well I know this thread is about Lian li but it could be for something else too :p Right now I wanna compare Silverstone to Lian li. But overall I think Lian li is still top. I just checked out the silverstone cases. Good prices and material but overall the looks isn't my style.

As for the question before yours. I definately want aluminum. NOT steel. I have went over steel cases after another and right now I need better material and light as a feather. So, I'm probably going to purchase the lian li case today over at ncix and hopefully get it by friday :D
I'm just deciding which one to get...

I think people are mislead about the thread title, that's why most of the posts ended up being why Lian-Li cases are expensive, and why it's worth the money, and why we love them. Anyway, let's help you in deciding, I have not had a Silverstone Case (so hopefully Silverstone users, give some of your feedback), I agree with you on how you said it's "not your style," I'm not a big on the presentation of their cases myself, but let's break it down, let us know whats an important factor for you? And list them in priorities. I certainly take these in perspectives.

Some things to consider:
1) Quietness
2) Cooling (air travel)
3) Size? Portability? How many Hard Drives you need, how many drive bays? What are you trying to fit in there? (Are you going to have big CPU cooler, and big Video Card?) Weight factor?
4) Looks? Lights?
5) Quality/Build
6) Purpose?

^but in the order that are priorities to you

Order a Lian Li case and see for yourself. The side panels (at least on the one I had) are thick enough to stop bullets. Every other brand I've dealt with (Thermaltake, Antec, and many other cheapos) has really flimsy panels, but Lian Li panels you can kill someone with. One swift blow to the head and they're down. And that's why I love Lian Li cases. Because you can kill people. :)

Order a Lian Li case and see for yourself. The side panels (at least on the one I had) are thick enough to stop bullets. Every other brand I've dealt with (Thermaltake, Antec, and many other cheapos) has really flimsy panels, but Lian Li panels you can kill someone with. One swift blow to the head and they're down. And that's why I love Lian Li cases. Because you can kill people. :)

haha, please don't take that too literally :D

well right now i'm trying to sell my old thermaltake amror jr black and antec 900... if both sells I'll go for the PC-V1000B-PLUS-II if no go.. well the cheaper lian li case :p

Just waiting on a couple days for them to sell :rolleyes:;)

Is there anything wrong with that? What are the downsides other than it can seem awkward?

The only downside I've seen is that the heat from my video card rises up (heat tends to do that :() and creates a little pocket of hotness. That can be solved by either a blowhole, a pci slot cooler (thats what I use), or one of those big 2 slot coolers that exaust outside the case.

Honestly I dont know if it's an actual problem.. I just put the slot cooler in there to be safe. It also depends on how powerful your card is. I have an x1950 so I was a little worried. Better safe than sorry, eh?

Other than that, no downsides. Everything is just upside down. The airflow goes back to front in my case, so I have a nice foot warmer for when it gets cold ;)

What I really want to know is why so many Lian-Li cases seem to stick to 80mm fans if they're such high quality.

well i believe they want to keep it simple and clean. If you put a 120mm fan on it then it will look no different then the rice'd out cases out there. So, Lian li can be good to some users and bad to some.

well i believe they want to keep it simple and clean. If you put a 120mm fan on it then it will look no different then the rice'd out cases out there.

That's bullshit. They have 80mm fans on some because they're old models, and Lian Li hasn't bothered updating them. Sometimes they have 80mm fans on new models, but why they do that on those I have no idea.

A Lian-Li bandwagon, I'll gladly jump on.

It seems as Lian Li is a cut above the rest, and that will cost extra, but well worth it.

I love the G70. :)

A Lian-Li bandwagon, I'll gladly jump on.

I seems as Lian Li is a cut above the rest, and that will cost extra, but well worth it.

I love the G70. :)

wow what water cooling system is that!?

What I really want to know is why so many Lian-Li cases seem to stick to 80mm fans if they're such high quality.

They don't. The pc-60, pc-A06, v300, v800, v880, PC-A01 and PC-C30 are the only ones I can think of that come with 80mm fans... all but two of them are very small desktop cases like the Silverstone Sugo (which, you guessed it uses 80mm fans).

Pretty much all of their full size cases (V1000,1100,1200,2000,2100, PC7, G70, A-71, A-10, S80 etc.) use 120mm fans with some having the option to fit an extra 80mm fan if required.

To the OP, I got my v1200+ II for £70 ($140) new :D It's the best case I have ever owned.

wow what water cooling system is that!?

Looks like a thermochill PA 120.3 rad (possibly HE 120.3), Swiftech micro res, Laing D5 pump, possibly Swiftech MCW60 blocks on the graphics (hard to tell) and a Dangerden TDX cpu block.

I could however, be completely wrong ;)

They don't. The pc-60, pc-A06, v300, v800, v880, PC-A01 and PC-C30 are the only ones I can think of that come with 80mm fans... all but two of them are very small desktop cases like the Silverstone Sugo (which, you guessed it uses 80mm fans).

Pretty much all of their full size cases (V1000,1100,1200,2000,2100, PC7, G70, A-71, A-10, S80 etc.) use 120mm fans with some having the option to fit an extra 80mm fan if required.

To the OP, I got my v1200+ II for £70 ($140) new It's the best case I have ever owned.

I guess you're right, to be frank I've only been looking at cases in the ~ $100 range, so I guess a lot of those lower end models use 80mms.

how much did it cost you to build that water cooling system?

and no response from my 2 cases selling... so i'm probably going just purchase a third cheap lian li case :( maybe I can get the PC-61

how much did it cost you to build that water cooling system?

Wasn't too bad, each part is in my sig. I have an Apogee GTX waiting to replace the TDX when I upgrade the mobo. Thinking about a dual loop as I plan on wc the NB too.

cool thanks man. hopefully it won't cost well over $300 for the setup...

I would have loved to get a Lian-Li case because I do plan to change to WC someday, but...getting my Antec 900 for 35 dollars was just too good of a deal to let my Asian side ignore :(

I love my Lian Li PC-A70. Very quiet, Very good at cooling (About 22-23c idle on air cooling), Compared to my previous Thermaltake Armor case that was around 41-42c idle and much more room to work with, Except for how to replace the rear exhaust fan with a aftermarket cooler installed (Guess I gotta find a phillips-head screw-driver that rotates so I can remove the back screw). I paid 240 plus 75 for a w/75 side window. Money well spent.

Back