Wierd safari issue and the [H]

Nasty_Savage

Extremely [H]
All of a sudden, Safari seems to not be loading the [H] or the [H] forum. I cleared the cache, but no go :confused:

Yeah I'm experiencing the same thing. All I get is a white blank page! So I'll have to use Camino just to get here.

hmmm, perhaps there was some change initiated to both pages that is giving Safari a fit? :(

I just upgraded to Tiger and ever since Safari will not load [H] or the forums.

I am having the same problem also. It has been occuring for me since Saturday morning.

EDIT -- Figures the second I post this it starts to work again....

What is happening to me now, is if I don't use Safari at HardForums for awhile it won't work. But go and access it on Firefox and then use Safari to access it, it will suddenly work. A tad weird, wonder what is going on?

Everyone, please update to 10.4.2 then test issue in a new user to see if the problem still exists

same issue. If u quit safari then open [H] back up and hit refresh it seems to work. I'm on 10.4.2

As am I, its definitely something with 10.4.2, but I can't figure out why its only the [H] I am having problems with....

Same here....

Also, after I load it with FF it works in Safari.

I'll ask around.

Well I had the same problem, but I am not on 10.4.2. I am just running 10.4, and all I got when I loaded the page was a blank white page, but the URL bar recognized the tah of [H], and placed the logo next to the URL.

I sent Apple an email, just have to wait and see if anything materializes. :rolleyes:

People, try this in a new user to see if it does the samething. It could be as simple as the ~/Library/Caches/ folder needing to be removed or maybe removing the Safari plist (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.safari.plist)

There is even a ~/Library/Safari/ folder that has items that could cause this issue.

Heck, even the ~/Library/ByHost/ folder could cause an issue like this.

Just because it seemed to happen when everyone updated to 10.4.2 doesn't mean it's something apple needs to update immediately, it could be an issue where something gets currupted/messed up with the update. If you try it in a new user and it works fine, then it's going to be an issue with something in your ~/Library/ folder and post back and we'll work through this.

Well, it mysteriously worked for a little bit last night then ceased working this morning. I had previously cleared the cache from within Safari and it did not immediately help so I'm not sure what it is, I'll play with it more when I get home...

The [H] hasn't been working right on my PC so I don't think it's even an issue with Safari at this point.

I get the samething in Opera, IE, and Firefox on both of my PCs and my eMac at work.

Back