wierd ventrilo lag...

igottapae

Weaksauce
i just reformatted to windows 7 x64 and i can see the green thing pop up when someone is talking but no sound.then like a min later i hear everyone talking at once.

this seems to happen in and out of the game, im also setting the priority for it to high and have no downloads or anything going.

if i can get some help it would be really nice :(.

Run as admin and get the x64 bit client of ventrilo and you should be ok.

Run as admin and get the x64 bit client of ventrilo and you should be ok.

nvm it started again........

ill see the green mic when someone is talking but not hear them then couple mins later it will all come at once.

Last edited:
I started using ventrillo 2 weeks ago, win7 64bit.

I've experience the said "lag" on 2-3 occasions. Both times I just blamed the other guy... haha..

I guess I'll have to check into it if it's at my end.

What seems to happen is that I don't hear anything coming in, but the other person can hear me realtime. Must be the same bug as the OP.

There are too many factors and you haven't give us any info.
Server lag?
Are you on wireless?
Anything else running on the network (ie torrents)?
Network card drivers up to date?
Running as admin?
Have you run a trace route to the server?
Is it a ping spike or does your ping stay high?

There are too many factors and you haven't give us any info.
Server lag?
Are you on wireless?
Anything else running on the network (ie torrents)?
Network card drivers up to date?
Running as admin?
Have you run a trace route to the server?
Is it a ping spike or does your ping stay high?

noone else is having this problem.

nope not on wireless.

nope no torrents.

yes drivers are up to date.

yes running as admin.

tracert is staying in the 60-80ms with no drops.

ping stays in the 80-90's according to ventrilo.

A friend of mine and I are both having this issue. Not sure what causes it, and it's very sporadic.

I am having this issue and none of the fixes "Run as admin" "Set affinity to one core" work..

Here is a solution tho. Dump Vent and Go teamspeak 3 its now FAR better.

I just got a new PC today with win 7 64 bit and had the same problem as you, but running ventrilo as administrator seemed to fix it.

iv tried all the suggestions in the ventrilo forums "fix" thread but it doesnt help at all.

this is really pissing me off and it seems noone else has this problem in my ventrilo.

and no its not my processor running @ 100% it seems WORSE when im out of a game.

lol i had this problem for weeks, kinda funny when it happens.

anyway to fix do this..
in vent, go to settings, then on the Voice tab click the "use direct sound" box at the top right and choose your output device, then click SFX to the right of that , choose directional, then add FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT 5.1 (or whatever it has) to the current side.

Should fix it, did for me and my roomate, let me know.

I have the same issue. Started happening after I went to Win7 64bit. It hasn't happened recently, but I am not entirely sure that it has been resolved. Tried changing a ton of vent settings.

Yeah same here it only started happening with Windows 7 x64 Pro

A lot more often as of late...

No worries though, I switched to TS3 and it's all gravy! :D

anyway to fix do this..
in vent, go to settings, then on the Voice tab click the "use direct sound" box at the top right and choose your output device, then click SFX to the right of that , choose directional, then add FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT 5.1 (or whatever it has) to the current side.

ill try it out and report back if it works for me.

^ ya be sure to post up since some others are having problems. Worked for my computer twice (formats) and my roommates plus Ive posted on a few forums helping people out and people said it worked but everyones systems different so who knows.

anyway to fix do this..

Was coming here to recommend this too. This worked for me when I had the issue. Does any1 know what the direct cause of the issue is? I thought it may have be only an onboard sound issue, but I had this problem with my Audigy as well. Could it be that I have a 5.1 setup and route my MIC through my speaker inputs?

^ ya be sure to post up since some others are having problems. Worked for my computer twice (formats) and my roommates plus Ive posted on a few forums helping people out and people said it worked but everyones systems different so who knows.

seems to be working so far!

Was coming here to recommend this too. This worked for me when I had the issue. Does any1 know what the direct cause of the issue is? I thought it may have be only an onboard sound issue, but I had this problem with my Audigy as well. Could it be that I have a 5.1 setup and route my MIC through my speaker inputs?

Yup x-fi 5.1 here but my roomate who also had the same problem had onboard 2.1.

I had this problem for a long time and I always blamed my friends... but the way to fix it is run it under XP compatibility... No problems for me after that.

cheers

Go to setup and check use direct sound......

That fixed it for me, as this happened in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Back