Wii and Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

Nuzzles

[H]ard|Gawd
Do they work together? I've been wondering this for a while now, so now that the Wii is finally out, surely there is somebody out there who can confirm this right? >.<

I hear yes but I don't have one so I can't say for sure. Real router ftw :D

Well, my internet is shaky enough as it is without throwing a wireless router into the mix. >_>

It's just that I saw ( I had probably known previously, I've just forgotten about it) that there's no ethernet port on the Wii. I assume that there's adapter to buy, but all the ports on the router are full anyways. So, this'd have to do, if it worked. >.<

I've read on other forums it worked. Also curious about doing this myself... my router is really sucking so either buying a new wireless router or buying this.

Yes, it should work (as confirmed by nintendo), I actually ordered on but have not recieved it yet, should be on it's way though.

I'm using one with the Wii and my non-wireless router, works just fine.

okay guys, dumb question. just exactly how do I get an internet connection with my Wii if I dont have a router?

ozziegn said:
okay guys, dumb question. just exactly how do I get an internet connection with my Wii if I dont have a router?
Well, if you don't have a router, get one. A router is an essential piece of security equipment in today's internet environment.

That being said, the Nintendo WiFi adapter plugs into your PC and uses whatever 'net connection your PC uses. The Wii connects through your PC with that USB adapter.

Back