Wii Audio/Video HD Component Video Cable (white) @ Monoprice $3.94

Even For $4 is it worth it for the component cables for the WII? I've never used them but everyone i ask emphatically says NO.

Even For $4 is it worth it for the component cables for the WII? I've never used them but everyone i ask emphatically says NO.

Honestly, it depends on the game. For example, Twilight Princess sets impoved textures when you use 480p, but the sharpening is so nasty (and overdone) that it completely kills it for me. In some games, colors appear more vibrant, which is an improvement if you ask me.

I noticed a significant difference back when I was using a component cable for the Gamecube. I imagine that it would be a similar experience with the Wii.

To me it seems like there is a slight improvement in color vibrance with component cables over the regular cables. I only used the rca cables for about 5 minutes though before popping on the components.

Unless you're on a native 480i TV (aka old school), then you're gonna want component cables. I would think most LCD's have an option to adjust sharpening...so tweak it to what you like after.

Thanks I just purchased one 7.04 shipped. Pretty cheap even if it doesn't improve the picture by too much.

Unless you're on a native 480i TV (aka old school), then you're gonna want component cables. I would think most LCD's have an option to adjust sharpening...so tweak it to what you like after.

Bingo. I'm in for one. $7.02 shipped. Thanks. :)

Wow, that's old. Both optical and coaxial have come and gone and now HDMI is cream of the crop.

Yes, HDMI is better, but where it's not available, the article is completely relevant. The whole point of the article is that component video is an upgrade even for old consoles like the Genesis. And since the Wii has graphics almost as good as the Genesis, it will also benefit.

Almost as good as the genesis?!?!?!? Oh that's a stretch. But graphics never did make great games. Crysis *cough cough*... SNES still rules.

Yes, HDMI is better, but where it's not available, the article is completely relevant. The whole point of the article is that component video is an upgrade even for old consoles like the Genesis. And since the Wii has graphics almost as good as the Genesis, it will also benefit.

Every cable in my house is a monoprice cable. I have purchased over 100 cables from them. They are the best!

Monoprice is great, I buy all my A/V cables from them. I even bought an HP remanufactured color inkjet cartridge from them, and they work great for like 1/3 the price.

Back