Wii Fit

Got mine at Target near my home, went in around 8:45am before going to work. The guy was stocking them, I was the first one to buy one he said, looked like they received around 12, or at least that is all they had on the floor.

The Gouge Posse's already kicked in down here in DFW and snatched them up pretty much just to resell the damn things. Madness.

Wife got one from a local wal-mart at lunch today with out any problems. I had heard some talk that Game Stop might have over sold thier supply. Yet another reason I don't pre order this crap.

BTW, the weight limit posted on the box is 330lbs. I've seen weights posted all over the place from 330 on CNN to 400 here. I've read that it can take more than that but that's what is printed on my box.

*edit* Changed weight from 300 to 330. Guess I can't read either. :p

picked mine up at the BB in Folsom. They had 4 boards left at lunch. and 4 consoles. I talked to the guy at Target, i guess they got a pallet or two of them.
Can't wait to get off work and try it out.

update. It is a lot of fun. takes some getting use to, but is a good work out for sure.

update. It is a lot of fun. takes some getting use to, but is a good work out for sure.

Completely agree. Some of the activities are fun and easy..not really much of a workout. Other activities are fun and not so easy.....a pretty decent to very good workout.

With the possibilities of the Wii Board, it is worth the money.

Completely agree. Some of the activities are fun and easy..not really much of a workout. Other activities are fun and not so easy.....a pretty decent to very good workout.

With the possibilities of the Wii Board, it is worth the money.

I completely agree about it being well worth the money, Its a very solid piece of hardware, dont tell nintendo this but i would have spent much more on it.

ok I'm wondering I'm 341 lbs and 6'5 can I get on the board. I heard it had durability problems does anyone know?

You can't even get a decent computer chair for under $300.00 that meets that weight limit. I should know as the piston is the first thing that always goes on my computer chair. I'm 6'4" and 300+.

400lbs!!!!! :eek: :eek:

The UK one measures upto 22 stone I think which is 308lbs.

Why do people in UK still use stone weight when you went metric way back in the early '70's? You do realize that stone weight is a hold over from the medieval days when they actually used stones for counter weight, right?

Why do people in UK still use stone weight when you went metric way back in the early '70's? You do realize that stone weight is a hold over from the medieval days when they actually used stones for counter weight, right?
Its because people see us as old fasioned. Most people in the US still think ofthe Brits as Farmers with Posh voices! TBH we use whtever suits us at the time!

can't find one here in OR but whatever! I'll just keep gaining more weight til I find one and put that baby to ultimate usage! It will be hard to give up couch/gta4/ice cream for the fit but I'll give it a shot...

wow, found one at blockbuster of all places! If you are having a hard time, call your local BB...

Its because people see us as old fasioned. Most people in the US still think ofthe Brits as Farmers with Posh voices! TBH we use whtever suits us at the time!

haha. my only pre-conception(what ive heard) is that you guys supposedly have better internet connections all over europe than over here in the US. 100mbit lines to your farmhouses. :p

haha. my only pre-conception(what ive heard) is that you guys supposedly have better internet connections all over europe than over here in the US. 100mbit lines to your farmhouses. :p
I live on what used to be a farm and i cant even get dial up through the hard line but im enjoyin mobile braodband. Internet in the UK sucks!
Back on topic, they are still sold out here in UK. Im on Wii Fit day 21 and its really annoying me now, its like playing a scratched record!

I went into the local EB and inquired about it on Friday. The guy said he had 10 pre-orders that weren't picked up, and they were only guaranteed until Thursday. I talked him into selling me one:).

I enjoy it a lot, and my wife likes it too. We're both slightly above overweight, so i've been trying the aerobic games and strength trainers. Some of the Yoga poses are pretty tough!

A+ from me!

I would probably pick this game up for the Balance board scale feature alone since I don't have a home scale... but I haven't seen the game for sale anywhere yet so I'll just wait until I can find it.

im now on day 24 or summats and all i hear is:
"Keep on track to improve your posture"

Annoys the living shit out of me! Getting a bit fed up with the voices and music now, but must keep motivated!........Mc......Donalds.....Calling.....Me!

Yeah the long term advice isn't very good. But the fact remains. It is a gimmic to get you to excersize. Everyone understands this (or should). So far it is a gimmic that is working for my wife. I'm more inclinded to go to the gym, so it isn't working as much for me. I play the balance games some, but I'd rather go use a tredmil and watch TV while I do it.

Yeah, it is not the same as going to the gym, but that being said I sill work up a sweat doing the yoga since it works muscles I don't normally use.

I also like that it keeps track of my weight. I have to ignore the BMI however.

I think this is a sneaky little plot by Nintendo for the unsuspecting, to get you into a habit of doing excercise everyday.

IMHO, the game is conditioning your daily routine to want to exercise, which to me is a good thing.

I already pay $29 a month for my gym membership, I dont need to pay any more money for another gym gimmick. This is just as bad as any infomercial, but silly gamer goons buy into it because its 'cool and Nintendo' lol

Its no different then the ab flex, dont kid yourself.

I already pay $29 a month for my gym membership, I dont need to pay any more money for another gym gimmick. This is just as bad as any infomercial, but silly gamer goons buy into it because its 'cool and Nintendo' lol

Its no different then the ab flex, dont kid yourself.

Yay, another person who doesn't read the thread.:rolleyes:

No one in this thread has claimed this is anything more than a gimmic to get you exercising. But hell, if it works for gamers, and it gets them exersizing then it is a good thing. Get off your self rightous high horse already.

If this game gets people in the habit of actually excercising, then I can imagine there are no down sides to it.

Hell even parents could have kids do this before they are allowed to play regular games.

We do have a weight problem within this country, anything to start trimming off some fat is a good thing IMHO!!!

Exactly, this is not something sold by Nintendo to get anyone six pack abs or get anyone a "Bowflex body". However, it is a challenge and will get you to sweat. Anyone who says different is cheating the game (and themselves) or they play the Wii in a damn cold room.

I work up a sweat just sitting in my PC chair playing games in this weather so don't need a Wii Fit. Time to turn on the AC unit so I can game in comfort.

I picked one up today. Its fun! I think I am going to pick up We Ski for it too. I totally fell on my ass doing the knee lift with the yoga (no balance one legged whatsoever) caught a couple of shoes to the noggin with the soccer heading game. I worked up a bit of a sweat for sure, and I can see myself futzing around on it everyday for a bit. Didn't do any of the 'strength building' exercises yet, but its a neato gimmick regardless. The graphics are kinda lame for the yoga, hopefully a third party will come to the rescue with some more advanced software down the roadl

Totally worth the $90, especially since I bought 3 extra and they will probably sell on eBay tomorrow for anywhere from $150-$180. The one that my wife was having so much fun on earlier tonight (I had fun also) will be super extra free! Heck, the hardest part of buying one for my family is finding 3 boxes to ship off the profit, err, I mean product to the women that saw it on the "Ellen" show last week. ;)

Ok I retract my pathetic statements from earlier. I played Fit tonight at my gf's house and it was freaking fun as hell. I really liked it.

I retract my statements, im on day 35 and im ready to throw this thing out the window.....
1. Im that used to the yoga poses i dont need the board anymore.
2. The trainers do my fucking head in with the constant same statements.
3. The BMI is totally unrealistic and cant be a guidline for someone in good shape anyway with a lot of muscle/broad shouldered etc.
4. Fuckin repetitive music arrrrrgh!

Im gonna ebay this bitch and ill get another when there are planty of games out that utilise it. My advice, only get it if youre extremely bored and need something temporarily!

I'm enjoying it so far.

It feels like the Wii Fit software is two games. The Aerobics and balance games look nicer and feel more polished then the Yoga and Strength games.

I'd also like the ability to string together exercises. I seem to spend half the time flipping between screens.

Any news on updates? Will we be able to download new exercises? Will there be celebrity trainers? I think R. Lee Ermey would motivate me more then the hippy "Keep going you beautiful snowflake" trainers they have now.

WiiFIT: Marine Corps Drill Instructor

Supposedly gonna come out in the next few months:D

If you're sweating now as beautiful snow flake, you'll be a drenched steaming pile of crap when Gunny Ermey is done with ya.

WiiFIT: Marine Corps Drill Instructor

Supposedly gonna come out in the next few months:D

If you're sweating now as beautiful snow flake, you'll be a drenched steaming pile of crap when Gunny Ermey is done with ya.

I would buy it for 100 bucks for the entertainment value alone...

'I'll PT you till you DIE!'

WiiFit is no game.

My wife uses it daily now (It costs £70 in the UK.. thats nearly $140!!!!), and she has now unlocked all the available exercises.... thats right .. you have to unlock them over time which I think is pathetic.

But now she has unlocked them all, there is a fair amount of variety for her to do. Some are real cheesy in my opinion. The jogging on the spot one for example... they recommend sticking the wii remote in your pocket so it can monitor your speed etc. Hmmmm.

One thing to note though... the graphics are absolutely terrible and I personally do think that this detracts from the message the exercises are trying to give. How hard would it have been to give more realistic models for the exercises ???! Is the Wii that underpowered ?

Oh... and the sound. pathetic. I would have thought they would have combined the exercises with ambient music etc, but I guess you need to fill that void yourself. One of the modes allows you to jog whilst watching the TV (normal TV shows... whilst running instructions are given via the wii remote).

And the last main point... at the start you stand on the board and it places a dot on the screen. After a couple of mins, (after much wobbling around), the Wii then tells you your fitness age, based on your height and weight etc. Yep... it worked out your fitness age by your balance ability to keep a dot still for a whole 2 mins. No offence nintendo... but that's a crock of sh-t ! The board relies on BMI as well, and isnt capable of working out fat % like most advanced weighing scales these days.

But its main plus point is that your wife/girlfriend will love it, and thus keep her out of your way for a while. Isnt that what most nintendo games on the wii are actually for ?!!!

What do you mean by unlocking it - does it require you to pay even more money??

now just imagine that in HiDef.... where you see the wrinkles sweat and spit comin at the screen as he's graduating you from that pile of crap to a newly formed maggot!

If they had a naked female instructor I might buy it but being a Nintendo device you will never see that happen.

I wonder if there's a way to purchase this for the lady, without her thinking that I think she's fat.

haha?

Back