Wii or Xbox360 for xmas?

Wii or Xbox 360 for xmas or in the future!

• I would rather get the Wii

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • I would rather get the 360

Votes: 42 49.4%

• Total voters

dust

n00b
Which would you rather get explain.
Talk about graphics/games/overall game play you get the idea.
bump

I'd rather get the 360. I want the Wii but I'm more psyched to play Gears of War than anything.

i hear ya on that one.
I really want to try Super Smash Bros on the Wii tho ;)

I voted for the Wii. Just because its not your oridinary console. And Super Smash Bros Brawl looks insane. If you get a chance go watch the trailer on youtube. Solid Snake is a new character you can play which is just SICK!

360 this Christmas because there are more good games available for it and the Wii next Christmas when there will be more good games available for it.

I voted with my wallet 2 weeks ago and got a 360...don't regret it at all. I'm now over 30 and gyrating in front of a tv and buying games with "Twilight princess" in the title doesn't sound appealing anymore. :D

360 - for backwards compatibility, media xtender, xbl, and so on. i outgrew nintendo after n64. I love snes, thats really where its at for nintendo. guess i'm turning into quite the old fart...

Hmm.. there seems to be no "I'm buying both" option.

X360 is a solid system with strong online support and gaming.
Wii for those awesome first party games and quirkyness.

I can't believe people still believe the "Nintendo is for little kiddies" bullshit. Zelda may not have extreme amounts of gore and body parts flying around but what it does have is amazing gameplay. In 2 years these "adult" games will fade away into nothingness (Gear of What?) while Zelda will be remembered as one of the best games of all time.

dotK said:
I can't believe people still believe the "Nintendo is for little kiddies" bullshit.

Yes, i subscribe to it. Nintendo has its place in my heart, but thats in the past. I fully admit that i am ignorant to anything they put out these days, in part because of the direction they took with n64, in small part because i can't stand nintendo controllers anymore, in part because i dont like handheld systems, and in large part because other systems have done a better job of keeping MY interest. As i have matured (supposedly), i have found much more enjoyment to be had with other systems, and have felt that their software titles have kept up with and matched my tastes. My hard earned dollar goes one way, not every.

I bought the 360 about three weeks ago. I'll be picking up the Wii on Sunday to put under the Christmas tree for the kids. That's not a dig on the Wii at all, it is more a slam on the 360. My kids will play Tiger Woods Golf, Lego Star Wars II and thats about it. I picked up Viva Pinata for them for a present and we tried the Sonic demo on the 360....which they had a hell of a time controlling Sonic.

I'm really hoping they dig the Wii. I know I will.

dotK said:
I can't believe people still believe the "Nintendo is for little kiddies" bullshit. Zelda may not have extreme amounts of gore and body parts flying around but what it does have is amazing gameplay. In 2 years these "adult" games will fade away into nothingness (Gear of What?) while Zelda will be remembered as one of the best games of all time.
Words of Wisdom.

I want them both but will be buying neither. Other than Zelda, there's not a single "must-have" game for either console. And since I have many unplayed GC games, I feel morally obligated to beat them before buying a Wii.

I'll probably wait for Halo 3 to buy a 360 and revision b hardware from Nintendo before buying the Wii.

And I'll buy a PS3 in about two years when the price is reasonable.

I'm going to buy a wii, although I'm not sure if I will be getting one on launch, I talked to a store associate at walmart and she said they wern't getting a ton, but they where getting over a dozen, anyways I still gotta buy a tv for my room, never really wanted to now, but I guess I'll just pick up a cheap 100-200$ regular tv.

Oh and Zelda looks good at launch, Mario, Metroid and Super Smash Brothers will follow shortly after.

hmmm, both have a goty potential game (gow and twilight princess, but I think twilight princess will take the cake) so both systems are solid choices. I'm going with a wii though on sunday though the 360 is tempting me.

Even though I already have one I would rather get the Xbox 360 for Christmas, for the simple reason that the console has matured since release with more games and downloadable content out right now then the Wii has. There is also some great deals going around for the 360. Futureshop had the 360 for $50 off and it included Gears of War, Ghost Recon and Xbox Live Arcade. (Premium Edition)

dang the votes are pretty close to eachother i woulda thought every one woulda went for the high deff over non high deff. Proved me wrong lol i still think ima go with 360 since i love the shooting games halo/gears of war.

all depends on what you want

if you have a HDTV and like the advantages of HiDef gaming and next gen graphics, go with the 360

if you dont have a HDTV and dont plan on getting one and just want to play a bunch of the old Nintendo/Gamecube/N64/Genesis titles and dont care about "next gen", or have kids like me that cant get alot of kids titles on the 360 like me, go for the Wii

although, one has to admit, the pricetags dont fit, either the Wii is overpriced or the 360 is underpriced based on the total overall package, when comparing specs and abilities of the two systems, the 360 Premium provides alot more value, the Wii provides alot more older/kids game titles, so it depends on what you are after

If by some stroke of luck I get in on the Amazon deal for the 360 I'll have both, if not just Wii for me.

Back