Wii Takes the Lead in Exclusives Under Development

Their list is really poor... many games on the PS3 and X360 aren't listed.

There's a lot of shitty exclusives on the Wii right now. Just because something is exclusive doesn't make it good.

There's a lot of shitty exclusives on the Wii right now. Just because something is exclusive doesn't make it good.

That's true, but there's still something to be said about having a fuckton of games. hell, probably 2/3rd or better of the PS2 library is complete shit, but let's face it, having loads of games on shelves is something that helps consumers feel comfortable about their purchase, and drives even more sales.

The newest news for the Wii is only going to increase the hype, guys. Watch out 360, you're about to become #2, real freaking fast.

That's true, but there's still something to be said about having a fuckton of games. hell, probably 2/3rd or better of the PS2 library is complete shit, but let's face it, having loads of games on shelves is something that helps consumers feel comfortable about their purchase, and drives even more sales.

The newest news for the Wii is only going to increase the hype, guys. Watch out 360, you're about to become #2, real freaking fast.

Yeah but the Wii's ratio is something like 9/10 shit...

yea its really terrible that such a large majority of the games for Wii suck real bad.

yay, exclusive shit titles!

this is what happened with the PS2. sure, they had a TON of titles for that system, but damn there was a bunch of CRAP titles there.

Sure the Wii has a ton of exclusives but as many pointed about its about quality and as far as that goes the 360 and PS3 are the winners.

Yeah but the Wii's ratio is something like 9/10 shit...

Mmm, maybe 8 out of 10, but that's also true of PS3, and was equally true of Xbox 360 this time last year. I'm sure we all realize that the really great games for any system are never out in the first year, often not even in the second :)

Sure their line up doesn't look as strong as the 360's, but there may be a few gems in there. However, I can't believe anyone would call the PS3 a winner. The number of 75+ rated exclusives for the PS3 is even fewer than for the Wii. Must have a few Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire fans here. :p

"Quantity has a quality all its own."

Wow I'm impressed that most people here can see past the numbers. I'm in the same boat, the Wii may have lots of exclusives but the majority are crap games.

Wow I'm impressed that most people here can see past the numbers. I'm in the same boat, the Wii may have lots of exclusives but the majority are crap games.

Which, again, is true of *every* platform. On every platform ever released, MOST of the games are mediocre to shit, with a handful of gems. How can anyone still be surprised by this phenomenon when it's been going on since gaming began?

I suspect it's related to the way people like to imagine that in "their day" Democrat and Republican actually meant something, that "life was simpler", etc. Whatever else it is, it's pure fantasy through and through.

Which, again, is true of *every* platform. On every platform ever released, MOST of the games are mediocre to shit, with a handful of gems. How can anyone still be surprised by this phenomenon when it's been going on since gaming began?

What's the point of this thread then?

What's the point of this thread then?

I would think that would be obvious :). the point is that the Wii has more games in development--that means long term plan-wise, Wii's in better shape than both of its competitors. That means more developers are putting time into projects, and more publishers are putting dollars into the platform's titles.

Basically, Wii *is* shaping up to be the next PS2, by all obvious indicators.

I look at the list of top 20 selling Wii games and I laugh.

The fact that the Wii has more exclusives MEANS NOTHING!!!!!! That system will never play the games the other 2 in the same way and the other 2 systems wouldn't waste their time with almost any Wii game. So the Wii sits all by its lonesome with its list while the other 2 must battle over quality games.
Does anyone else see how this number is completely pointless?? Yeesh. It doesn't even mean the Wii has more games in development at all.

I have 2 games for my Wii, I play them when I have dip and chips. I wish they had good games for this system...I really do, but some of you are fishing for a reason.

I look at the list of top 20 selling Wii games and I laugh.

The fact that the Wii has more exclusives MEANS NOTHING!!!!!! That system will never play the games the other 2 in the same way and the other 2 systems wouldn't waste their time with almost any Wii game. So the Wii sits all by its lonesome with its list while the other 2 must battle over quality games.
Does anyone else see how this number is completely pointless?? Yeesh. It doesn't even mean the Wii has more games in development at all.

I have 2 games for my Wii, I play them when I have dip and chips. I wish they had good games for this system...I really do, but some of you are fishing for a reason.

Yes, and I'm sure the publishers of those top selling games are crying large crocodile tears, LOL. Like it or not, Wii's going to pass 360 very soon, and PS3 is a distant third. There are good exclusives coming, and just like has happened for 360, Wii will have plenty of good titles. It's success so far has already guaranteed that.

If you compare the Wii games on sites like metacritic or something similar they list the top games for each system. The Wii doesn't have 10 games that get a composite score of 80, while PS3 which released at about the same time does and the X360 has plenty. Of all the current gen consoles the Wii has the weakest game library.

Wii
1 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The 95
2 Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition 91
3 Super Paper Mario 86
4 WarioWare: Smooth Moves 83
5 Madden NFL 07 81
6 Mercury Meltdown Revolution 80
7 Trauma Center: Second Opinion 80
8 Godfather: Blackhand Edition, The 77
9 Rayman Raving Rabbids 77
10 Wii Sports 76
11 Mario Strikers Charged Football 75
12 Elebits 75
13 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz 74
14 SSX Blur 74
15 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 73
16 Metal Slug Anthology 73
17 Scarface: The World is Yours 73
18 Excite Truck 73
19 Chicken Little: Ace in Action 72
20 Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 72
Complete List

PS3
1 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 93
2 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 89
3 Resistance: Fall of Man 86
4 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 86
5 Virtua Fighter 5 85
6 MotorStorm (JPN Import Version) 84 (Duplicate)
7 Fight Night Round 3 83
8 Super Stardust HD 83
9 MotorStorm 82
10 Gran Turismo HD Concept 82
11 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection 82
12 NBA Street Homecourt 81
13 College Hoops 2K7 81
14 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 81
15 Darkness, The 81
16 NBA 2K7 80
17 Virtua Tennis 3 80
18 Call of Duty 3 80
19 NHL 2K7 79
20 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 78
Complete List

XBOX 360
1 Gears of War 94
2 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 94
3 Guitar Hero II 93
4 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 90
5 Forza Motorsport 2 90
6 Call of Duty 2 90
7 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 90
8 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 89
9 Blue Dragon 89
10 Burnout Revenge 89
11 Project Gotham Racing 3 88
12 Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, The 86
13 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 86
14 Fight Night Round 3 86
15 Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine, The 86
16 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 86
17 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent 85
18 Dead or Alive 4 85
19 Dead Rising 85
20 F.E.A.R. 85
Complete List

Taken from MetaCritic.com

The Wii also has 12 of its 73 (16%) total games below 50 vs the X360's 13 of 218 (6%) and PS3's 4 of 57 (7%).

I wouldn't have a problem recommending 3 games to a friend from the PS3 or X360, but with the Wii I would.

If you compare the Wii games on sites like metacritic or something similar they list the top games for each system. The Wii doesn't have 10 games that get a composite score of 80, while PS3 which released at about the same time does and the X360 has plenty. Of all the current gen consoles the Wii has the weakest game library.

Taken from MetaCritic.com

The Wii also has 12 of its 73 (16%) total games below 50 vs the X360's 13 of 218 (6%) and PS3's 4 of 57 (7%).

I wouldn't have a problem recommending 3 games to a friend from the PS3 or X360, but with the Wii I would.

LOL, You put a bit too much faith in Metacritic, but to be fair it's all in the eye of the beholder. I'd say the *market's* judgment is that PS3 has by *far* the weakest library, and an overly high price tag to boot.

Now, on recommending Wii games, you claim you'd have trouble recommending 3, but I really can't see how. I can wholeheartedly recommend several (and in fact, I HAVE):

1. Zelda (Duh)
2. Rayman Raving Rabbids
3. Excite Truck
4. Paper Mario
5. Elebits (light hearted fair, to be sure, but fun even so)
6. Metal Slug Anthology (not exclusive, but a ton of fun)
7. Trauma center (though only if you didn't own the DS version)

There are also several coming out that I'm looking forward to. All in all I expect a bunch of fun to be had, but again, I recognize that there are great games coming to both PS3 and 360 that won't be possible on Wii. I don't think that fact disparages *any* of the consoles, honestly.

the wii has some good games coming out this fall and early next year
that look like they are going to be alot of fun. the wii is all around a fun machine

christ if you want realism and shit get fuckin PC it murders both xbox360 and ps3

Nintendo Exclusives = Multiple Mario Games (Mario Tennis, Mario World, Mario Sex, etc.)
PS3 Exclusives = JRPG's (FFXXECW, Kingdom of Farts 9)
360 Exclusives = PC Games (COD, GOW, Halo, etc.)

At least that's how I see it. Granted each console will get a handful of really good exclusives, but many of them will be in the category I listed above.

But more and more developers are going to be making good games for the Wii because it is selling so well. Less and less developers are going to bother making games for the PS3 because it's in third place. Soon Sony will be about the only one making PS3 exclusives. PS3 owners will have to suffer through bad ports, from 360 and Wii games.

I think it's funny the Wii has more exclusives.. Look at the Ps2, it had plenty of shitty exclusives and it creamed the competition.

The funny thing is, an average gamer can actually afford the 250 + 50$ for an exclusive game on the wii. It can be an impulse buy. For the Ps3/Xbox 360 you have to put out much more of your money to get any of these exclusive titles. At least 380$ (memory card, game and core 360), but of course most people probably don't want the core 360 system so at least 460$. Not to mention that the only exclusives that the average know-nothing gamer will want will most likely be GTA 4, Halo 3, and MGS 4 this holiday season.

And looking at that list, there are at least 12 games i'd say appeal more to the average gamer than hardcore. Hell, if mario galaxy is an easy pick up and play game, it will move a ton of systems. Of course games like Metroid and Brawl can too.. I think the real killer will be Mariokart and Wii fit if they are released at the same time early next year. If mariokart is as fun as it should be, I can say that i know about 40 people i lived with at college who would probably purchase a wii just for that game because we played the hell out of MK 64 non-stop.

I hope the Wii comes out with more minigame compilations. Rayman wiiplay mario party warioware and wiisports just aren't enough to quench my thirst.

Nintendo Exclusives = Multiple Mario Games (Mario Tennis, Mario World, Mario Sex, etc.)
PS3 Exclusives = JRPG's (FFXXECW, Kingdom of Farts 9)
360 Exclusives = PC Games (COD, GOW, Halo, etc.)

At least that's how I see it. Granted each console will get a handful of really good exclusives, but many of them will be in the category I listed above.

:rolleyes:

the wii has some good games coming out this fall and early next year
that look like they are going to be alot of fun. the wii is all around a fun machine

christ if you want realism and shit get fuckin PC it murders both xbox360 and ps3

Way to prove your point with a grossly over-exaggerated and under-explained post.

:rolleyes:

LOL, You put a bit too much faith in Metacritic, but to be fair it's all in the eye of the beholder. I'd say the *market's* judgment is that PS3 has by *far* the weakest library, and an overly high price tag to boot.

Sites like metacritic are by far the most objective sources of this kind of information. The wii is very clearly a cheap, easily marketable machine targeted at the general public. The fact that mario party has sold so many copies shows that the wii is starved for games.

A year ago this time it was thread after thread about how the wii sucked and would tank, followed by nintendo fanboys claiming they were going for different markets and weren't competeting with sony. Now that its selling well, suddenly everyone forgets this and talks about how its creaming the ps3 and nintendo was right all along.

Nevertheless, we haven't seen the benefits of the wii's sales yet. The games aren't very good, period. Sales numbers are good for nintendo but not necessarily for us as gamers, especially if it means more things to buy like the zapper and the balance board. I'll take the 360's lineup with the ps3 a distant second and the wii an even more distant third, even based on what will be here by the year's end.

Sites like metacritic are by far the most objective sources of this kind of information. The wii is very clearly a cheap, easily marketable machine targeted at the general public. The fact that mario party has sold so many copies shows that the wii is starved for games.

A year ago this time it was thread after thread about how the wii sucked and would tank, followed by nintendo fanboys claiming they were going for different markets and weren't competeting with sony. Now that its selling well, suddenly everyone forgets this and talks about how its creaming the ps3 and nintendo was right all along.

Nevertheless, we haven't seen the benefits of the wii's sales yet. The games aren't very good, period. Sales numbers are good for nintendo but not necessarily for us as gamers, especially if it means more things to buy like the zapper and the balance board. I'll take the 360's lineup with the ps3 a distant second and the wii an even more distant third, even based on what will be here by the year's end.

On the contrary, the *Market* is a far more objective source for information than Metacritic will ever be. Mind you, I think MC is a great site that can really help a guy in making a purchase decision, but let's be realistic here: Most people have never even heard of it. While I agree that the Wii's relative cheapness has helped it a good deal, I think it's dishonest and shortsighted to say that it's the sole reason for the little bugger's success. If all one had to do to win was provide a cheap console, Gamecube would have won the last generation handily.

You're exactly right that a little over a year ago nobody thought Nintendo could achieve remotely close to what they have, though that attitude began to change at E3 2006 and has made a full-blown turnaround today. The fact that Wii has more exclusives in development right now than both its competitors is proof enough of that, and shows clearly that developers--at the direction of the Publishers, who, let's face it, fund all of it--have turned a very keen eye on Wii. The "benefits" we can expect are already materializing as we see with these numbers of planned exclusives increase like crazy, and we'll "see" those benefits ourselves, as customers, when those games hit shelves.

Sales numbers are good for Nintendo, good for Publishers, and *damn* good for consumers. While the beneficial effect isn't immediate for consumers, since software takes time to develop and a lot of folks who took the "wait and see" approach are only now getting their asses underway, that benefit *will* surface, and the numbers tell you very plainly: It's coming.

It really doesn't matter if people have heard of MetaCritic or other sites like it. It just averages the scores from other review sources that many people have heard of.

All the Cooking Mama's in the world won't make me buy any of the mini-game compilations or kids tv show/movie cash-ins for my Wii :).

All the Cooking Mama's in the world won't make me buy any of the mini-game compilations or kids tv show/movie cash-ins for my Wii :).

Well, IMHO it's worth it to own a mini game collection or two for when friends or family are over and you just want something easy, fun and silly to get people involved, laughing, playing, but I agree with you that I could give two shits about Cooking Mama or the tv/movie cash-ins. You can't really blame Wii for movie cash-ins though,let's face it, EVERY console is overloaded with those :)

It really doesn't matter if people have heard of MetaCritic or other sites like it. It just averages the scores from other review sources that many people have heard of.

It matters in that Metacritic isn't going to be making or even *influencing* the purchasing decisions of most consumers, that's all :)

Well, IMHO it's worth it to own a mini game collection or two for when friends or family are over and you just want something easy, fun and silly to get people involved, laughing, playing, but I agree with you that I could give two shits about Cooking Mama or the tv/movie cash-ins. You can't really blame Wii for movie cash-ins though,let's face it, EVERY console is overloaded with those :)

I still whip out mario party on the N64 when a bunch of people come over. The PS\Xbox games just don't compare to some of the Nintendo games for that purpose.

Back