WiiU Preorder up now

If you want one, pre-order or don't expect one on launch day.

I literally camped outside for other consoles and still missed out. Software is cheap and easy to distribute now that it's just some plastic. Consoles are much more expensive and in high demand. Nobody buys the new call of duty to resell on ebay -- but you will be fighting the resellers on opening day if you wait for the console.

excellent point. i mean i will definitely preorder if the opportunity presents itself. so far everybody i have called had theirs picked up in a matter of days :(

We're clearly two pages in (edit: now 3!). You guys must have yo stuff all out of whack.

The only console I was ever tempted to camp out for was the Xbox 360. There was a long lime outside the local BestBuy so I naturally walked over and stood in it, not knowing precisely what it was for. A portly gentleman with a beard on his neck informed me that it was the line for the xbox 360. He told me the best buy employees had just done a head count, and whoever stood next to him for the night would win the last available premium system. The opportunity was mine.

Unfortunately, I remember being terribly jealous of the individual who was #1 in line as he had a tent. My new friend at the end of the line informed me that the tent dweller had been there since the previous morning. I walked off and some 15 year old took my place.

I will wait until I can buy this from Amazon.

the 3DS showing up on there gives us some hope

A lot of people are pissed including me. I know both Nintendo and Amazon are getting some noise about it for whatever good it might do.

I hope Nintendo has more Wii-U batches coming before launch because right now this is almost looking like a setup for a repeat of the Wii launch. They need to get more out there. One weekend and 99 percent of the preorders are gone past stray pop ups here and there like a few posts ago.

C'mon Nintendo, step it up.

the 3DS showing up on there gives us some hope

Yep, this is what I'm thinking as well. Amazon is the go-to place for many people and I cant imagine Amazon holding out for sake of a grudge, forcing its loyal customers to look elsewhere for Nintendo systems. At some point this is going to go beyond a little feud between Amazon and Nintendo. Soon, it's going to become a PR problem for Amazon.

Seems like when you add it to you're cart it gets removed so this is really not in stock.

I was able to add it to my cart and get all the way to the screen where you have to enter your credit card number. I was using chrome...

Weird, Amazon no longer has the 3ds XL. They have a message telling me to consider a Vita instead LOL

I post this in the other thread. It should be of interest here too how ever?

Quote: WII U video chip outed? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=42401732 3.5x-4x+ the speed of the X360 graphics, more if architecture optimize.

That whole thread is full of fail. Did you read the posts what a bunch of idiots. One guy even says only Microsoft consoles will support dx. Seriously fact is the Wii u is more powerful than 360 or ps3 because it uses newer tech simple fact. Its like comparing a x800 or nv 7800 vs any GPU of even mid level from last year or the year before

Walmart seems to be the last place to pre-order. They're down to the basic package, and you still need to bundle it with a game and a controller. Looks like the minimum price is $409 , and you can get a classic controller instead of another wiimote.

How is Walmarts with preorders? I know many stores take a bunch of preorders but don't actually deliver the orders until long after release (my experience concerning video games with target and kmart).

thank you for that i am going to camp this site :D

Don't need to camp. Set the auto notifiers the way you want and let 'er rip. That's the beauty of it. Emails, IMs, cellphones, browsers, desktops...you name it.

Let me tell you: If you see something you got to move pronto.

Nintendo really need to get more systems out there between now and the launch. I think this is ridiculous.

Don't need to camp. Set the auto notifiers the way you want and let 'er rip. That's the beauty of it. Emails, IMs, cellphones, browsers, desktops...you name it.

Let me tell you: If you see something you got to move pronto.

Nintendo really need to get more systems out there between now and the launch. I think this is ridiculous.

agreed. I guarantee you they will allocate more preorders everywhere. I just read an article where Reggie basically said he is working with retailers to generate interest. I swear the sol out thing is just a marketing strategy. a smart one too. makes me feel like i need to rush out and preorder.. .. bastards

agreed. I guarantee you they will allocate more preorders everywhere. I just read an article where Reggie basically said he is working with retailers to generate interest. I swear the sol out thing is just a marketing strategy. a smart one too. makes me feel like i need to rush out and preorder.. .. bastards

You getting one of these? I kind of want Vita games more than a new handheld + games... heh.

You getting one of these? I kind of want Vita games more than a new handheld + games... heh.

the vita has the same problems as the wii

third party developers dont wanna touch it. the market is small and the hardware is lacking.

granted the vita is powerful and the screen is beautiful. so far the best looking game is littlebigplanet and it has fps issues. nobody wants to develop for the vita and handhelds in general are dying if you ask me.

thats what makes the gamepad kind of brilliant. it takes the features of the handhelds and actually has the developers use them. some of the gamepad features are things you can do now with a vita but the developers dont touch that shit because its a completely different system, with the wii u they arent narrowing down their market at all. theyre just like buy this and you get the same features as a ps3 and a vita for half the price and devs will actually do something with it

thats what makes the gamepad kind of brilliant. it takes the features of the handhelds and actually has the developers use them. some of the gamepad features are things you can do now with a vita but the developers dont touch that shit because its a completely different system, with the wii u they arent narrowing down their market at all. theyre just like buy this and you get the same features as a ps3 and a vita for half the price and devs will actually do something with it

I wouldn't say the same features. I can take a game I'm playing on the PS3 and continue my game on the bus with the Vita. The Wii U gamepad, you're lucky if you can play from your bathroon from my understanding.

I wouldn't say the same features. I can take a game I'm playing on the PS3 and continue my game on the bus with the Vita. The Wii U gamepad, you're lucky if you can play from your bathroon from my understanding.

ive seen like two games that support that and god knows i dont play MLB the show.

im not really saying the features are identical either i should be more clear. im just saying that they will be implemented correctly and more often if not all the time. because its all one system not two

I swear the sol out thing is just a marketing strategy. a smart one too. makes me feel like i need to rush out and preorder.. .. bastards

I agree with this. Part of what made people go ape shit for the original Wii was the fact that it was so hard to get one. So as soon as they saw one on the shelf they'd grab it.

I agree with this. Part of what made people go ape shit for the original Wii was the fact that it was so hard to get one. So as soon as they saw one on the shelf they'd grab it.

A possible theory although the shortages didn't come to an end until March-April the next year. Seems a bit excessive for a marketing ploy. Hope that isn't going to happen again here.

Sold out at Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy - wish I'd pre-ordered a few new - I bet you could make a good mark up on launch day ;-)

A bunch of people are already doing the sharking as expected.

I think you'll still be able to walk into Wal-Mart or Target and get one without a lot trouble. My cousin is trying to convince me to go with him to get his day 1.

Only problem, at least for me, was that I saw it as a gimmick, perhaps too late heh. I didn't really enjoy any game on the Wii other than the Wii sports, and that as VERY short-lived. Maybe a week of that before I never used it again. Shame really, I wanted to like it. C'moooooon Vita!

Only problem, at least for me, was that I saw it as a gimmick, perhaps too late heh. I didn't really enjoy any game on the Wii other than the Wii sports, and that as VERY short-lived. Maybe a week of that before I never used it again. Shame really, I wanted to like it. C'moooooon Vita!

thats because the wii was pretty terrible though

whats brilliant about the wii u is that its not that much more then a ps3 or 360 its more powerful and when the next gen comes out in a couple of years ( it wont be next year.. i promise) they will be expensive and the wii u will have been out for awhile and could even do a price drop. making it even more viable.

not to mention the jump from the wii u and the next gen sony and microsoft consoles wont be gigantic like the wii to the 360/ps3 was

thats because the wii was pretty terrible though

whats brilliant about the wii u is that its not that much more then a ps3 or 360 its more powerful and when the next gen comes out in a couple of years ( it wont be next year.. i promise) they will be expensive and the wii u will have been out for awhile and could even do a price drop. making it even more viable.

not to mention the jump from the wii u and the next gen sony and microsoft consoles wont be gigantic like the wii to the 360/ps3 was

While it looks cool, I just don' think I'd use it. I like it for what it is, no doubt, but unless I got one for free, I probably wouldn't go out and buy it willingly. I wouldn't mind having it though for my collection.

I'd honestly rather more Vita games come out, in the scheme of portable games. :eek:

Game Stop now has a wait list. You'll need to be a member of their Power Up Rewards program (free) and go in-store to get on the list. Here are the details.

Game Stop now has a wait list. You'll need to be a member of their Power Up Rewards program (free) and go in-store to get on the list. Here are the details.

They're just making a pitch for themselves. I think we're looking at a repeat of the Wii launch with shortages until Spring 2013 the way this is shaping up.

Nintendo details 23 Wii U games available on launch day

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...s-the-23-games-launching-with-wii-u-on-nov-18

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Skylanders Giants

Transformers Prime

Wipeout 3

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Nintendo Land

Sing Party

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

Darksiders 2

Assassin's Creed 3

ESPN Sports Connection

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

ZombiU

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game Party Champions

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Nintendo details 23 Wii U games available on launch day

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...s-the-23-games-launching-with-wii-u-on-nov-18

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Skylanders Giants

Transformers Prime

Wipeout 3

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

New Super Mario Bros. U

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Nintendo Land

Sing Party

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

Darksiders 2

Assassin's Creed 3

ESPN Sports Connection

Just Dance 4

Rabbids Land

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

ZombiU

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Game Party Champions

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Mm, those look quite good for launch day titles, but I'm still on the fence really. I read a bit every day, and I just can't convince myself to go out and buy one (that is, when they're finally available...). The system itself just reminds me of the big classic game boys...why is it so chunky? I don't understand. It's as if they took the standard Wii case, and threw a screen into the side. :confused:

Mm, those look quite good for launch day titles, but I'm still on the fence really. I read a bit every day, and I just can't convince myself to go out and buy one (that is, when they're finally available...). The system itself just reminds me of the big classic game boys...why is it so chunky? I don't understand. It's as if they took the standard Wii case, and threw a screen into the side. :confused:

You mean the Gamepad? It does look chunky. I'd like to hold one myself before I jump on it. The console itself looks like a super duper slim 360 to me.

You mean the Gamepad? It does look chunky. I'd like to hold one myself before I jump on it. The console itself looks like a super duper slim 360 to me.

How about those controllers, they scream "Microsoft, sue me!" :D

rofl yeah i feel you on this. but xbox controllers have the best feel for me so i was happy. i cant wait to use those for super smash brothers U

the gamepad has always been a concern for people, that just means the feel of it is constantly mentioned by people using the system and they always say it doesnt feel too big or anything and its very comfortable.

A ton of controllers look similar no lawsuit to be had. Hell IMO all controllers should have that feel I bought aftermarket ps3 controllers just to get that same feel

That's fine by me. IMHO, the 360 controller is arguably the best on the market so when the time comes I one of these I'll probably be favoring this controller for myself.

Back