Will 7750 x2 BE Stock HSF be enough?

GMcDougal

Gawd
my hyper 48 wont work with am2 i found out. will the stock hsf be enough for some mild overclocking? this is going in a tsunami dream case.

Mild Overclocking? Yes, Since most 7750 max out at 3.1-3.2Ghz, A Stock Heatsink could keep it decently cool.

contact the manufacturer of your hyper 48, they might have a bracket for cheap

I've got a microATX case with stock HSF and I idle at CPU - 39C and CORE - 19C

Works well enough for me :p

Thanx I will be ordering my Kuma, this next month and getting the motherboard with my next pay check.

This is the processor for my computer that's coming.

I'll just go with 3.0 amd call it a Phenom II on the halfshell.

it will be okay for decent ocing. i mean i used the stock hsf to get my e2220 to 3.1 ghz over the stock 2.4. temps got a bit high though....

Put some AS5 on it should be good enough to 3.0 to 3.1. For 3.2 i used 1.47 vcore thats when the temps start rising a bit.

Just installed my Kuma with stock HSF on a M4A78 Pro and getting 49c - 51c at idle in BIOS. It's been 5 years since my last build (A64 3500+ on an AV8), so there's a chance I've installed the heatsink wrong. Gonna reapply AS5 and try again. Any advice in the meantime?

Edit: Reinstalled stock HSF, changed vcore to 1.3 (from 1.4+), and clocked the CPU to 3.0 Ghz w/ the multiplier. New idle 43c. Its solid and stable, so unless I run into trouble I will be happy with load temps in the lower/mid 50's.

Back