Will a 8800GTX fit my super lanboy??

StalkerZER0

[H]ard|Gawd
I have the Antec Super Lanboy pc case.
And I was wondering do you guys think that the card would fit inside it? I'm hoping not to have to upgrade the entire pc case just to fit the card.

I don't have a G80 but I have a AIW 1900 in a superlanboy. It's a tough fit, as in you have to install the PCI-E power connector before installing, but it fits. If I recall I beleive the AIW 1900 is .5 inches longer (I would recommend checking).

Unless you remove the drive cages, the GTX wont fit.

GTX is 11.5 inches give or take a 1/4 in.

With the drive cages, it 10 inches give or take a tiny bit....

If you get creative and mount the HDD somehwere else, you have plenty of room. Hope this helps....

Just for kicks pic.

2slrightsidevg3.jpg

GL

Pkirk618 said:
Unless you remove the drive cages, the GTX wont fit.

GTX is 11.5 inches give or take a 1/4 in.

With the drive cages, it 10 inches give or take a tiny bit....

If you get creative and mount the HDD somehwere else, you have plenty of room. Hope this helps....

Just for kicks pic.

2slrightsidevg3.jpg

GL

Unfortunately I currently have 4 hard drives in the case right now. A 75 gig WD, a 500 gig seagate, and two older drives.
*sigh* :(

Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade the case.

I had that case years back and that card will not fit without modification. If I remember right the motherboard is almost right up against the hard drive cage. You need around 10.6" from the edge of the PCI-E slot bracket to the end of the PCB. Base would be an E-ATX case. The card is huge - reminds me of the VESA Local Bus days. :)

Back