Will a cooldrive 6 behind a door get enough air?

RAA-Kr1cH

Limp Gawd
I want to get a cooldrive 6 so I can move my hdd up to my 5.25" bays. I am still waiting for my Tsunami Dream case to arrive. My question is, with the front door on the case closed, will the hdd cooler get enough air to keep it cool?

YOu can safetly move a drive to a 5 and a quarter bay with no extra cooling. HDs are meant to get hot, it may seem scary, but I wouldnt worry about it.

I used to have a Tsunami Dream, and I remembered that the front inflow fan was very much restricted by the 2 covers in front of it. I dont remember much, but I tried setting up my radiator for my WC there and it was definately a no go. But just as the previous poster said... harddrives really dont require extra cooling. Think about those poor drives in external enclosures. Honestly, that fan is just there to make noise.

Currently I have a CM stacker with the harddrives being cooled by a 13cfm fan (my fingers moves more air than that :D ) and temperatures on the hotter drive barely ever hits 35C

only drives you would want fans for are SCSI drives, especially the 10,000rpm + ones, and storage arrays, where you can have 10 drives in 6 5-1/4 bays....

...IDE drives have always been designed to dissipiate heat through the chassis it's mounted on. Only time you would need a fan is if you used one of those crazy rubberband vibration isolator things, and even then, since everyone is so big on the concept of more fans pulling air out than pushing it in...that enugh air will still come through the space between teh drive bay covers to keep that drive cool enough.

Back