Will a Sapphire Radeon R9 270 play nice with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R?

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
Been running this about five years now OC'd at 3.83Ghz with no issues. A friend bought a nicer video card and is willing to sell the Sapphire Radeon R9 270 cheap. Maybe a years use on it. I'm using a Benq BL3200PT monitor with my setup.

Just wanted to find out if I'm going to run into trouble with this video card. I'm using a BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.8 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply.

That's a fairly low power card, so you should be fine even with an old fairly low wattage PSU. If you end up getting anything higher end (R9 280/290, GTX 980/980ti) make sure you replace the PSU, since at that age it's putting out less than it was initially rated for.

That's a fairly low power card, so you should be fine even with an old fairly low wattage PSU. If you end up getting anything higher end (R9 280/290, GTX 980/980ti) make sure you replace the PSU, since at that age it's putting out less than it was initially rated for.

I just bought an nVidia GT 730 (for my use) for $68, I think it was, on Amazon. But I can get this one for less (used tho').

I just bought an nVidia GT 730 (for my use) for $68, I think it was, on Amazon. But I can get this one for less (used tho').

The R9 270 is a much, much stronger card than a GT730. I would pick it up and return that budget card.

The R9 270 is a much, much stronger card than a GT730. I would pick it up and return that budget card.

Ya..that's the plan. Already have my UPS label from Amazon. Thought I'd install it and test drive first.

Back