Will ATI release an agp card better than the x1600 ?

dagon11985

Gawd
Do you think ATI will release an agp card to compete with the 7800GS ? the x1600PRO seems to be the 7600's direct competitor, but the 7800GS doesn't seem to have much in the way of competition.. except for the 6800gs..

You would think they would have released the x1800xt on agp, far as i remember the roadmap showed that long ago but it never made an appearence. The gainward 7800gs (7800gt) pretty much dominates the agp platform now. Just suprised ati puts out cards on agp that are the equivilant of "babys first graphics card" instead of something that has a set of balls on it.

I believe there was some kind of information that pointed towards an X1700 variant being available in AGP form, but do not quote me on that... read it in some other thread or in some article.

I don't think that ATI is too interested in the AGP market as it's end of life. Yes, they lose some sales as it has a huge installed base, but I don't think it's that much. With Vista around the corner many of the AGP holdouts are going to buy new PCs anyway, and they'll all be PCIe.

Back