Will CPUID *always* show the correct speed?

phasmatis_nox

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a 2100+ on here a few months ago, and have been using it for a few months. I've noticed a few times that the BIOS reads it as a 1500+. I didn't really care, since it wasn't slowing me down much. I decided to do something about it last night. If I load the 'High Performance Defaults", it shows as a 2100+, but Windows crashes before or as soon as I log in. Today I ran CPUID, and it reads the chip as a 1500+. Is CPUID always right, even if the BIOS is misidentifying the chip? Did I get screwed, and actually have a 1500+?

Steel Chicken said:
Shows as 1500+ :(

EDIT: Just rebooted and changed to 133 from 100. I'm posting in this condition- I did notice some instability with Windows, music freezing and computer unresponsive. However, this issue went away when I removed a disc from the CD-ROM drive which was spooling up randomly. No problems now. AMDCPUID reads a 2100+.

Also, it may just be the placebo effect, but my HSF feels hotter. I'll get a reading when I reboot. Update again: this turned out to be the placebo effect, as it is actually running 8C cooler than it was earlier today. I think that was the higher ambient temperature.

if you have any problems just knock the vcore up a bit... you shouldnt have to to run it at stock... but never the less

Your RAM could be having some problem running @ high FSB ... try upping the Vdimm also ...

what about your ram timings. set them to the rated speed for the ram. or run a divider if your running the ram to fast

Back