Will I see a difference?

itzhobbes

Weaksauce
Right now I have 2GB's of RAM running in dual channel mode. I have no intention of going to vista64 at the moment. I was considering get 1GB more, 2x512MB. Will I see a dramatic improvement by getting the extra RAM or is it just negligible?

To have a total of 3gigs? Naw, you won't see a dramatic improvement. 2 gigs you're good. If you do plan on getting Vista 64 later on, get 2 x 2gb sticks to make it 4gigs. Or, since you already have 2 x 1gig sticks, get 2 more 1 gigs to make it total 4 gigs.

Yea, my next thing actually was to consider getting 2x2gb sticks to increase my total ram to 6gb. Alright, guess I'll just stick with 2gb for now and when I move to Vista64 I'll get the additional 4gbs. Does ITunes still not work with Vista64? If so what do people use to mess around with their Ipods?

Not sure on that one as I don't use Itunes etc. However, a user on this forum posted that he could not see his Harddrive after he installed Itunes 64 bit version on his PC with Vista 64 bit.

Yea, my next thing actually was to consider getting 2x2gb sticks to increase my total ram to 6gb. Alright, guess I'll just stick with 2gb for now and when I move to Vista64 I'll get the additional 4gbs. Does ITunes still not work with Vista64? If so what do people use to mess around with their Ipods?

If you download the 64bit version of iTunes using IE7 64bit (inlcuded with Vista x 64) you will not have any issues.

I have been running the 64bit version of iTunes and can sync my IPod. No Issues

Back