Will It Explode? :D

So I put together a SCII gaming rig for a friend:

1) A10-5800K
2) That FM2 ITX board that catches on fire. (Went through only 1 DOA :p, didn't catch on fire but probably had a bad bios flash)
3) G.Skill 2133mhz Ram @ 1.6v
4) CD/DVD Writer
5) Intel 240GB SSD

Only problem is that I bought this case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811190113

Which comes with a 150W Propriety PSU that is some licensed version of http://www.zylax.com.au/aywun-dsp15...-150w-real-power-200w-peak-power-p-30686.html that has a tiny fan and is literally as far away from the case fan as possible.

I hooked everything together and it acted perfectly fine. It seems to boot/handle prime95 and play Starcraft || maxed (yeah, I didn't quite believe it) on a 1080p screen.

So the question is, should I switch out the PSU? So far the build has cost me $450 and my friend wants to try and keep it under $500. In addition any new PSU will need to be zip tied in because of the propriety PSU design. The PSU I'm considering is an 80 Bronze certified 300watt Athen Power PSU and $80.

Also HSF recommendations would be appreciated. The AMD stock heatsink just plain sucks and is noisy.

Are you sure it is the CPU fan making all the noise and not the PSU or case fans? I've heard the stock ones in that case were noisy. Have you enabled a CPU fan profile in BIOS?

Don't get the Athena Power PSU. They are not known for being super reliable, and $80 is a lot for one. Seasonic SS-250SU for $54 shipped would be a lot better quality, and still 150W more than the system needs. I purchased one on sale for $40 shipped, so maybe keep that in mind when the stock PSU dies.

How much clearance do you have for a HSF?

I have maybe an additional 20mm on the HSF. The xigamatech looks pretty good. Are there low profile ITX ones that can fit larger fans? I don't have the luxury of mounting the HSF fan onto the case.

The Athenatech is the only PSU I can get locally. I rather not risking blowing away all the components with the stock PSU.

You know if you are worried about the power supply you could always go the shuttle route seeing as how you are kind of using a clone/ knockoff of theirs with the case you have selected. So assuming you have room you could bolt it to the back of the case at the top where you plug into the ac and maybe use one of these http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...040fa8275a6e&gclid=CL2Rp8bOs7QCFcKPPAodAFYAxw

You may have to cut a little sheet metal or drill some mounting holes for the screws. Just a suggestion.

Thanks. After messing around I think the stock PSU will be okay. I've undervolted the CPU and graphics so it shouldn't get too much higher than 100 when stressed.

Back to the HSF, I'm having some heat issues. Even though I reduced voltage to 1.275, I'm floating near 70C on Prime 95. I'm thinking this might be an issue with the main board temp sensor. I'm getting ~70 in speed fan/bios, 50 in Core Temp and -19 elsewhere :\ Anyone have any experience with FM2 temps?

Back