Will memory fit in orange slots of DFI Lanparty using Scythe Ninja?

dbaldus

Gawd
I have heard that you need to run dual channel memory in the orange slots on a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D board. However, it appears that my Corsair XMS 3200C2-PRO (the kind with the LEDs on it) will not fit if I am using a Scythe Ninja as my CPU cooler. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm just worried about the orange slot closest to the socket that might inhibit the memory stick from fitting...

kirbyrj said:
Why don't you use the other slots?

Oh...haha...sorry.

You are not supposed to use the other (yellow) slots with the official BIOS versions because it causes instability. There are betas out there that are unsupported by DFI and I would like to avoid using those if possible.

dbaldus said:
Oh...haha...sorry.

You are not supposed to use the other (yellow) slots with the official BIOS versions because it causes instability. There are betas out there that are unsupported by DFI and I would like to avoid using those if possible.

I had this board, but I don't remember what slots I used. I remember I did have a lot of memory compatibility issues right off the bat though until I went to 1 stick and set the timings/voltage I wanted. You might be ok with the yellow slots as long as you setup the memory ahead of time in the orange slots.

Back