Will my Maze4 GPU fit on an 8800GT?

Borgschulze

2[H]4U
Yeah, I don't want to get a new waterblock.

From the pictures I have seen of the card, there looks to be two sets of mounting holes, hopefully they fit with my block.

I know I will also need to get heatsinks for other chips on the card as well. Link to a kit for that?

241wfb8.jpg

Arrghhh?

It probably will.

Oh and another thing, the mounting screws for this card are identical to the 7900's. This means you can put on you old favorite air coolers! I am very happy with this card and if you get it, I think you will feel the same.

I copied that straight from a Newegg review that I saw last night.

Hope this helps.

Tyler

From This thread at Danger Den's forums:

[DD]JERM said:
The MAZE5GPU will fit...and a bunch of RAMsinks!

The Maze4 and the Maze5 seem to both have the same mounting options, so I would imagine that it should be fine.

The hell is that big shiny thing to the left of the core... Where the external RAMDAC used to be on the older cards?

I forget what exact water block I have on my 7800GTX but I know its the standard Maze block. I plan on getting an 8800GT block soon and was wondering if the block would mount up?

I saw some people said the 7900's and 8800GT had identical mounting holes but didn't see anything about the 7800's. I'm not sure if there is a difference between the 7800 and 7900.

-thanks!

I mounted my Maze4 on my 8800GT last night and so far it works pretty damn well. 35 idle 40 load overclocked from 625 to 762 on the core and 1825 on the shader. Memory tops out at 1005-1010 but I keep it at 1005. I need to put some sinks on the other chips tonight though. I suspended a 120mm fan from the card to cool the other components last night.
case00.jpg

Back