Will the Silverstone ST85ZF power my rig?

WarMace

Gawd
I am buying today, but having last minute doubts about if i chose the best powersupply...

My parts:

Mobo: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 680i ATX
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator (2 x 1GB) DDR2 1066
GPU: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Superclocked
Water Pump: DangerDen D5

Possable Powersupply: Silverstone ST85ZF 850W "Zeus"

NewEgg wishlist

-I want enough power to go SLI in the future, possibley 8850GTX SLI if there is a refresh before my step-up expires. (Wishfull thinking)

-I also plan on overclocking

Is this PSU a good choice? What would you recomend? My only complaints in this PSU is the wire looms dont totally cover the wires.

Is there another powersupply you think would be better suited for my plans?

I would love a modular, with a larger 120mm fan for astethics. But i remember reading a PC Power&Cooling interview wheir their rep said modular PSU's are no good for some reasion.

Marketting :)

So far, I'm not too sure of a power supply so powerful that's also modular and good. I know there's like the Silverstone Olympia 650 which will do everything you want it to do now.. The Olympia 1kw will do your future upgrades no problem whatsoever.

The 85ZF is fine.

Yeah, I remember a interview of a guy at PC Power & Cooling that said they arent doing modular because of the added resistance of the connectors are unacceptable. Because of that and JonnyGuru's reccomendation I chose the 85ZF.

Well its kinda sad to see the powersupply tacking up so much of my budget, but I want to do things right this time.;)

Well, im clicking on the banner ad above to make my purchase, hopefully it will help my favorite hardware site.

Thanks for your input, ill be gracing the overclockers subforum soon.

Back