Win 10 digital license

Riptide_NVN

2[H]4U
I am logged into this system with my MS account. After the 10th anniversary update I linked the license to my MS ID.

How does this affect this machine? If I log out of my MS account will it start asking for activation again? What if I give this PC to a relative and they log in with their MS ID?

Thanks. The question is what would happen if I were to remove my current system from there. Would it start prompting for activation or would nothing happen at all? Without knowing I'm apt to pass for now.

Thanks. The question is what would happen if I were to remove my current system from there. Would it start prompting for activation or would nothing happen at all? Without knowing I'm apt to pass for now.
I checked the device list and I see an old laptop on there that I gave to my mother. I did not tie the license to my Microsoft account though, maybe I used a MS logon just to test when I set it up years back. I did upgrade it to 10 though. I will remove it and see what happens.

One thing though is, this list also has devices that you have MS Store purchases tied to and also to be used for remote access through Skydrive. I don't know about MS licensing being shown here. Can someone confirm?

Well FWIW I grew impatient and chatted with MS today. I was told that removing it from my MS ID will not cause the system to require reactivation. Nor will logging my MS ID off.

I suppose the proof is in the pudding but I don't intend to complete either of those two operations until I build the replacement system in a couple months and prepare this one for sale or gifting to a relative. If something annoying happens I will bump this thread with an FYI.

Back