Win2k3 Server, Active Directory User add problem

HitmanZ

Gawd
Hi, i'm new to the win2k3 server and it's been real ugly for me. Anyways i enabled active directory and dhcp and dns and wanted created a server locally (biz.local as the dns name). Now whenever i try to create user by going into the active directory managment control interface, clicking on biz.local then to users, right click, new, user and creating the user name and login name, and the password, it pops a error message saying "windows cannot create object (nameofperson) because : Unable to update password, The value provided does not meet the length, complexity or history requirement of the domain." What's going on? since this is a fresh install and i am the admin logged in, it doesn't let me create a user even though i never made any criteria or length.
any help will be appreciated, thanks

HitmanZ said:
Hi, i'm new to the win2k3 server and it's been real ugly for me. Anyways i enabled active directory and dhcp and dns and wanted created a server locally (biz.local as the dns name). Now whenever i try to create user by going into the active directory managment control interface, clicking on biz.local then to users, right click, new, user and creating the user name and login name, and the password, it pops a error message saying "windows cannot create object (nameofperson) because : Unable to update password, The value provided does not meet the length, complexity or history requirement of the domain." What's going on? since this is a fresh install and i am the admin logged in, it doesn't let me create a user even though i never made any criteria or length.
any help will be appreciated, thanks

Win2k3 has very tough password requirements right out of the box. You can change them via the security policy or just find passwords that meet the requirements. If its for internal testing only try P@ssw0rd

Go into Account policies. Then Password Policies-

Change the last entry to disabled,(Passwords must meet complexity requirements), and change the minimum password length

However I suggest you keep the password policy as is. As a general rule.

ktwebb said:
Go into Account policies. Then Password Policies-

Change the last entry to disabled,(Passwords must meet complexity requirements), and change the minimum password length

However I suggest you keep the password policy as is. As a general rule.

Works perfect
thanks

Back