Win7 and Realtek HD Audio Problems!!!

Juggafat

Gawd
Just installed Win7 a few moments ago. Seems ALOT like Vista but I noticed it uses less resources. Still the same annoying UAC crap and a weird taskbar I'm not sure if I like.

The only problem I've encountered is with my onboard realtek audio. I downloaded the most recent drive release which I believe is dated 5/8/09 but my mic is so quiet! Sound is perfectly fine but my mic volume is sooooo low and it's barely usable in tf2 unless i crank up the gain and bring on the static.

Just installed Win7 a few moments ago. Seems ALOT like Vista but I noticed it uses less resources. Still the same annoying UAC crap and a weird taskbar I'm not sure if I like.

The only problem I've encountered is with my onboard realtek audio. I downloaded the most recent drive release which I believe is dated 5/8/09 but my mic is so quiet! Sound is perfectly fine but my mic volume is sooooo low and it's barely usable in tf2 unless i crank up the gain and bring on the static.

I have Realtek audio in a couple of tablet pc's with Windows 7 and even those internal mics work ok. What kind of mic do you have and hae tried another one?

As for UAC in Windows 7 its no where near as prompty as I like to say which of course has led many to concoluded that its not as secure as Vista. If it bothers you then turn it off which I wouldn't recommend.

Hmmm...I don't have another mic to test it with which sucks but I'm 100% sure this mic works as I was using it maybe 2 hours before installing Windows7 in TF2.

I actually googled the problem and it seems to be pretty common. Alot of people are having problems with Win7 and Skype due to low mic volume...I just thought I'd ask my fellow comrades for a solution.

And yeah, I disabled UAC haha.

Go to your recording devices options, set the mic's level to 100%, then maybe add +10dB

It's currently at 100% and +30db...it's the only way I can get any sound out of my mic.

It's currently at 100% and +30db...it's the only way I can get any sound out of my mic.

Reinstall the drivers. This time use Windows Vista compatability and run as admin when you reinstall them. That happened to me with the last Windows 7 beta 7077. I had no volume with my mic ;)

As I have gotten used to it now I just do that anyways even with RC 7100 last week when I installed it.

Sounds (no pun intended) like you might have switched the microphone off if possible? If not, try changing the communication settings when you right click on the sound icon.

Also goto your Sound settings from Control Panel then goto the Communications Tab and make sure you have it set to "Do Nothing".

Have you tried using the steam settings? Not the in game voice settings for TF2 but using the steam preferences and changing it there.

Back