Window in a P182!

WozniakMac

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I got bored after work today, and decided that since my wife was shopping for clothes, I would splurge on a new window. Well, I am thoroughly pleased with the outcome.

Be gentle, as this is my first time. :)

Also, don;t mind the wire job as I am awaiting my new Watercooling gear, 8GB of G Skill X38 RAM, second HIS 3870x2, and finally my Silverstone ZM1200M Power Supply.

Oh, and I made a new friend today. He sleeps on my keyboard at night, apparently.

nice work man.. i'm about to cut a window for my v2000 but iono where to start lol..

I saw this on the P180/P182/P190 thread earlier.

I really like it! Nice job! About how much did the project cost you and how much work would you say you put into it? I've been thinking about it (I have the same case), I probably won't but who knows?

Well, all in all, if you have the right tools, it cost me about $21.00 The acrylic sheet was about $12.00. I used 3M molding tape to adhere it to the case, and it matches really well with the gunmetal case.

I used a Jigsaw with a 20 TPI blade and then I filed the edges down. The side was weird looking. Really thin metal, then thick plastic, then another thin piece of metal. Really cool looking. Anyway, it was really easy to do. I am going to experiment on another case tonight.

Yep. I agree. These cases are a piece of art, so they should at least give you the option. They probably don't because of the sound issues associated with installing a window.

That spider is fucking nasty.
The other night there was one in the bathroom and i was freaking out like hitting it off the ceiling with a towel and i lost it on the ground. So scary i was hopping all over the bathroom when i saw that thing moving.

The other night there was one in the bathroom and i was freaking out like hitting it off the ceiling with a towel and i lost it on the ground. So scary i was hopping all over the bathroom when i saw that thing moving.
You sir, worry way too much about spiders. It isn't trying to eat you alive. Just let it be and it will do its job: Kill other insects. I like spiders :cool:

Yep, I, as well, like spiders. That's why I didn't kill mine. Ants and all kinds of insects are starting to come out again, and he will be my friend this summer. Ants are horrible in my area of Arkansas during Spring and Summer. Those damn citrus ants are terrible. Even when there is no citrus.

LOL.

Oh lord that's beautiful and exactly what I wanted to do to my case. Think you could whip up a quick tut for a case modding nub like myself?

Yeah, I am doing another one for my friend this next weekend. We have a LAN on Saturday, so I will do it Friday evening. I can get some video and photos as well. Also, the damn spide isn't for sale. As I stated earlier, he is my friend. Would you sell your friend for $5? :)

Holy shit.. That spider looks like it could turn you into Spiderman if it bit you.

Yeah, I am doing another one for my friend this next weekend. We have a LAN on Saturday, so I will do it Friday evening. I can get some video and photos as well. Also, the damn spide isn't for sale. As I stated earlier, he is my friend. Would you sell your friend for $5? :)
Would you kill a friend for 6.50?

I wish I had one 3870x2, let alone 2! My one works fine though!

Nice case though bro!

I have a project like this I am working one, and have everything done EXCEPT putting the window in because I can't get one thing: The molding or w/e to seal the edges of the window. What did you use? Anything I can get at Lowes or Home Depot or something?

I like the window, I've wanted to do that myself for quite some time however i do not have the skill/tools/patience...anyone want to do it for me?

Well, you can get a black P180 door from performance-pcs but that's only if your case is black and you have 90.00 + Shipping to spare.

nice job, but doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of a p182 and its sound dampening door and case?

and thats a creepy spider, glad we don't have "house spiders" that ugly here in denmark lol.

Well, I used a thick piece of acrylic, so it is still good. It actually seems quieter than the door itself. The acrylic is about as thick as 2 floppies on top of each other.

Haha, I like my spiders.. They live about 2ft up and to the left of my monitors and eat all those damn bugs that somehow get in and proceed to bug the crap out of me by flying in front of my monitor and causing me to get pwnd. Nice window!

it looks like a fatty tick thats been suckin you dry

oh and nice window, gives me and my P180 hope for the future

Lol, I will post a little how-to shortly, but I am in the process of buying a house at the moment, so it might be a little bit.

i got an aluminum door from performance-pcs,i like it but i think your door looks much better.the window i have makes me want to paint the case interior since soo much of the
interior is showing.

Back