Windows 10 autologin with a Microsoft account + work account attached

Ronco

[H]ard|Gawd
Short question, HOW?!?!?

Long question, I need a Windows 10 PC to auto login while signed in with a Microsoft account, WITH a work account attached since all the usual methods don't appear to work.

Currently what happens is:
a) If I set AutoAdminLogon + user/password in the registry, all those related entries disappears upon reboot
b) I can't use netplwiz because the checkbox is disabled

What (if any) are my other options? Having the work account connected (I say work but it's a single standalone 365 BP account) is non-negotiable since I need Outlook running, and I set up the Microsoft account as it's using personal OneDrive for data storage / retrieval.
I might have made my life tougher in that respect, but jesus christ all I need is for my PC that I own to log on automatically, I don't give a 💩 about security etc in this use case...

make them if they are missing.
Considered it, but was wondering what I had to put in there and Google wasn't turning up anything much from the cursory search I did. Any links would be appreciated, but I'll search again.

make them if they are missing.

So after all that it still doesn't work, and although Bing also told me about the Sysinternals Autologon tool that doesn't work either.

And after doing all of the above it still didn't actually disable PIN login so I had to do that manually using yet another dumb workaround - which doesn't seem to have worked since I can still see the option to login as PIN, but it won't let me once I select it.

Something is screwed here and I'm now zeroing in on it probably being Hello being subtly b0rked - any other insights would be appreciated from anyone but I guess I'm BINGing this issue more.

Back