Windows 10 Metro App Help - WatchESPN Sign-In

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
I've always had a problem where ESPN3 auto-detects my Comcast subscription level incorrectly so I manually sign in and everything is hunky-dory. I'm testing Windows 10 at the moment and the WatchESPN metro app auto-detect my ISP but, like normal, detects it incorrectly.

Is there a way to manually sign in for this app rather than using the auto-detect?

You need to access Settings from the little hamburger menu in the title bar which will be there in desktop mode or you need to swipe down twice on a tablet to present it. From the Settings options select Activate Live TV and you should be able to manually setup your provider.

Activate live tv is what does the automatic ISP detection. It doesn't offer me a log in prompt

That's odd. When I've done it on ton of Windows 8 and even Windows 10 machines, the first thing I'm presented with is a list of providers. I'm on Time Warner. Just tried it out on Windows 10 and it works just as I described earlier.

I see the list of providers but when I click Comcast it does automatic detection. In a browser on windows 7 that same action takes me to Comcast.net and allows me to log in manually.

Thanks all. I think I am running into a limitation of the sand boxing of apps in the metro world.

Back