Windows 10 "versions" ....any news?

Monkey34

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone seen how many flavors they will do (IE: Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc)? I know they will give 7 and 8 users a free up to 10, but I'm wondering about differences in say... Windows 7 starter and 7 Home premium going to 10.

I'm GUESSING it will be apples to apples (7 pro will go to 10 pro)?

This should be announced at one of the big Microsoft conferences coming up next month.

I'd suspect that the versions will line up with 8.1. Core, Core with Bing, Pro and Enterprise.

I'll be waiting for the version with Aero, a decent start menu and no Metro :p

I'll be waiting for the version with Aero, a decent start menu and no Metro :p

You'll be waiting for that as long as I'll be waiting for a Windows thread where someone doesn't bring this up...

You should def count on a "Home", "Professional" and "Enterprise" (Only open to companies and MSDN)

The other "Bing" version will most likely appear in tablet form and to other countries that are third world.

Yep, and the free upgrade version of 10 will probably be Windows 10 with Bing.

Unlikely because the Bing version doesn't have Pro features. If one were upgrading a Surface Pro device for example, they'd loose the ability to join a domain. The free upgrade will probably correspond to what you're upgrading from.

SKU's are still being worked on, but Home, Pro & Enterprise are what have been mentioned. Enterprise is for VL mainly.

As far as upgrading for free. Not Enterprise.

Back