Windows 7 7000 build wanting to be activated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righty

Limp Gawd
I have mmm a copy of 7 installed. Im getting a pop up telling me to activate of course i cant. When i go to though its asking for a serial number. Ive got 4 days left.

Anyone know what i can do to fix this, these are supposed to last till august right?

Just for the sake of the thread, and helping any other members/lurkers of the forum, can you please tell us how you "got it"

thanks!:D

YHPM

BTW, if you are going to install it now, build 7000 is quite old.

For anyone else that "gets" this issue, the solution is simple.

Go here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx

Choose the version and language you have, log into your Windows Live account (create one if necessary), and get a key. Use that key to activate Windows 7.

Done.

If your machine has a clean Device Manager when you've got Windows 7 installed (no yellow exclamation marks, no red warning icons, etc) there's no reason not to activate it and be done with it. If you don't, it's going to cease functioning after 30 days...

Just for the sake of the thread, and helping any other members/lurkers of the forum, can you please tell us how you "got it"

thanks!:D

I got a working key from some torrent comments. lol. Its now activated, im assuming till august.

Joe, i didnt even think about that id assumed the beta was over.

For anyone else that "gets" this issue, the solution is simple.

Go here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx

Choose the version and language you have, log into your Windows Live account (create one if necessary), and get a key. Use that key to activate Windows 7.

Done.

If your machine has a clean Device Manager when you've got Windows 7 installed (no yellow exclamation marks, no red warning icons, etc) there's no reason not to activate it and be done with it. If you don't, it's going to cease functioning after 30 days...

Thats what I was looking for. I just hate searching forums to find the usual "aha i figured it out, thanks anyway" threads. Just a pet peeve of mine. . .

(And to clear it up, I've been running Windows 7 on all 4 of my machines since beta, now running 7068 on 2, keeping official beta on my primary machines for stability. =D )

I got a working key from some torrent comments. lol. Its now activated, im assuming till august.

Joe, i didnt even think about that id assumed the beta was over.

that is illegal.

you can still get legal keys from MS.

Sorry, Windows 7 Beta downloads are no longer available

you cant "legally" download the beta anymore.

that is illegal.
you can still get legal keys from MS.
you cant "legally" download the beta anymore.

Not to condone anything, but does it really matter at this point? We all know the beta's are of limited life anyway. It's not like the install will work for the next 10 years or something.

Not to condone anything, but does it really matter at this point? We all know the beta's are of limited life anyway. It's not like the install will work for the next 10 years or something.

The very nature of obtaining authentication methods via torrents or other pirated means dictates that it may be cracked so that it would never expire. It's happened on older Windows operating systems.

Hmm. I Know XP was out there cracked, but thought that [cracked OS] had been dealt with since Vista.

Call me a niave legal user I guess.:rolleyes:

You can obtain a copy of the exact official (MD5 certified) ISO via bittorrent, not some hack job cracked copy. Some people are really just ignorant as they have never tried anything themselves and just believe the internet hype...

Didn't MS give out the same 10 keys (5 for 32bit, 5 for 64bit) to all the public downloaders? They obviously don't care who gets it then. They just don't want to continue to pay for providing it.

Now the later builds are a different story... MS never officially intended for those to be used by the public.

Well if its worth anything im definitely buy 7 first day it comes out. It will be my first legit copy of windows, im stoked! lol

You can obtain a copy of the exact official (MD5 certified) ISO via bittorrent, not some hack job cracked copy. Some people are really just ignorant as they have never tried anything themselves and just believe the internet hype...

1. If it's not from Microsoft, it's not official. At least it's not supposed to be in our hands.
2. I know the ISO and it's checksum matches the real copy. I'm talking about the possibility of obtaining a crack to circumvent authentication, activation, or expiration. But yes, there are working CD Keys offered by torrents too.

But hey, I'm also using the latest build from a torrent site. But at least my keys are from TechNet itself as I have access via work. :D

Man, you guys need to learn.
Never admit to anything, we can't discuss it here and it will only get your threads closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back