Windows 7 drivers - 181.71

Joe Average

Ad Blocker - Banned
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_x64_181.71_beta.html

Get 'em while they're hot... and yes, I know about the Windows Update ones, being from Nvidia and all but but but... let's see what these "official" ones direct from the source can do.

Gotta love how the page lists March 3rd as the release date... I know I'm just on the west coast of the US but... still got 11 hours and 15 minutes to go till tomorrow. ;)

Says "international" for languages. Maybe it isn't meant for us? :)

Will these fix the opengl games? like Doom 3/quake 4 and such? anytime I use the vista drivers these games have tears by default till I change some option with rivatuner.

Oh nice. What are the drivers that are integrated into Windows Update, does anyone know? When I installed Windows 7, it found drivers from nVidia for my GTX260 automatically, but I don't know what version they are.

Oh nice. What are the drivers that are integrated into Windows Update, does anyone know? When I installed Windows 7, it found drivers from nVidia for my GTX260 automatically, but I don't know what version they are.

They have release like 3 sets all in the 179.xx range.

Oh wow. Guess that figures though. I just went with those since I don't use 7 to game really, but I might just go ahead and do the newer ones.

this fixed freezing in fallout 3 that occurred when using vista 64 bit drivers on windows 7. Also, this win 7 driver didn't install Nvidia control panel for me.

weird for you, these drivers installed the Nvidia control panel for me... double check your current installed drivers to make it was these and not the windows update version

I just use the current vista 64 bit drivers haven't had any issues. No opengl games for me though.

Back