Windows 7 is now on Technet

wow ok, I knew Technet couldn't handle the load for crap. Just dropped under 100KB/s.

Woot home just jumped up to 225 kbps, now I can cancel my work download since it won't be done before I leave today

I have restored your bandwidth Techiesooner

You can burn a DVD in 10 minutes and take it home from work with you though.

Yea, I was using both to see which would get the best speed and if I could get it before end of day I would cancel the home download.

Home is going faster than work now so I'll burn when I get home.

Woot home just jumped up to 225 kbps, now I can cancel my work download since it won't be done before I leave today

I have restored your bandwidth Techiesooner

TY. I'm speeding along at a whole 60kbps now...

You all realized the MD5-matched ISO's have been out for weeks now correct?

you know if microsoft did P2P through bittorrent right now we would all have massive dl speeds lol.

>400KB/s

I'm grabbing the Automated Install Kit as well. That's more than useful.

you know if microsoft did P2P through bittorrent right now we would all have massive dl speeds lol.

no, you wouldn't. There'd be one seed and everyone else slamming it to get enough of it to start sharing different parts they have.

no, you wouldn't. There'd be one seed and everyone else slamming it to get enough of it to start sharing different parts they have.

Beleive me, if MS did implement a bittorrent like system for distribution there would not be just one seed...

Guess what? Just about anything can be broken. I'd rather not be the person that finds out about a new exploit in the hashing method.

Yeah, but you're talking about two different hashing methods. I don't see it being even remotely possible to fake one hash method while not tripping up the other. They're different algorithms, developed independently.

A Microsoft torrent would suck because once each person got to 100% they would disconnect to install their OS thus leaving the last few % or more up to a tiny amount of sources

Yeah, but you're talking about two different hashing methods. I don't see it being even remotely possible to fake one hash method while not tripping up the other. They're different algorithms, developed independently.

Yea, some people just don't get it. Hey, I have been running it for almost two weeks now and just activated it 10 minutes ago while they all struggle along to download it. :p

A Microsoft torrent would suck because once each person got to 100% they would disconnect to install their OS thus leaving the last few % or more up to a tiny amount of sources

Exactly. They could have ten seed sources, or ten servers (number arbitrarily picked out of my ass, thank you.) It's not going to make a damn bit of difference for the first few hours.

Starwman?

This assumes the user is downloading from a test machine?

BT is the way to go for massive download schemes. It's just gotta get better PR/marketing.

Starwman?

BT is the way to go for massive download schemes. It's just gotta get better PR/marketing.

Because it works so well for Blizzard? wait..no it doesn't.

What do the AIKs do? I've been looking at those wondering...
You use it to build custom installations of Win 7. It helps you build the sysprep.xml file, deal with driver injection, feature add/removal, build/configure WinPE 2.0 boot discs. If you do mass deployments you'll need to familiarize yourself with the included tools.

Keep telling yourself that :p

There were once people that proclaimed how secure WEP was too, and we all know how that turned out.

Starwman?

It does assume that, for the vast majority of people getting it now they are reloading every machine they have.

plus Windows 7 RC burns ISO's nicley :D

Dumb question but where is the 64 bit? Or does it let you choose when you install?

Back