Windows 7 Media Center Audio Issue

Burnout01

Limp Gawd
Hey there,

I posted this on another forum and didn't get any responses, so I thought I would try you guys.

I have an issue that I haven't been able to resolve. In WMC7, I sometime don't have any audio is being played. Its been real hit and miss with this issue and I don't have a sure way to replicate the issue. For instance, if I start the PC and start playing a Movie file, sometimes it will have audio, sometimes it won't. Sometimes I'm able to move from movie to movie and from file type to different file type with no problems. Other times, I don't have any audio from the start. Sometimes I can minimize WMC and then the audio will start, other times I have to use Media Player Classic or reboot the PC.

The problem seems to happen more when I play a MKV file then jump over to a VOB. I have wiped all the codecs and installed the Sharky codec pack following the instructions from the "Setting up Windows Media Center" sticky up above. I have updated all the drivers to the latest versions. I'm stumped with this one.

Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?

Current Setup
Zotac GF9300 HDMI
E6600 Proc
2GB Kingston Memory.
400W PS
Running HDMI Audio and Video to a HK 254
Burnout01 is offline Reply With Quote

Back