Windows 7 Streaming Error

Sovereign

2[H]4U
I am getting "Failed to connect to the remote library" in WMP12. I have two machines, Host and Client. Host is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and has the media I want to stream to Client. Client is Windows 7 Professional x86. When trying to connect Client to Host, I get the error message described above. Network diagnostics are "unable to identify the problem." I am trying to stream over the Internet, not a network.

I tried connecting the other way (through Remote Desktop) from Host to Client. I got the same error about failing to connect to the remote library, but network diagnostics also said this:

Windows 7 NetDiag said:
Required connectivity settings have been deleted

The 6to4 prefix route has been deleted

Google has produced nothing. Can anyone help me with what this error means? Diagnostics are unable to fix it, even as administrator.

Try 'netsh interface ipv6 reset'. If that doesn't work, you could try messing with the netsh command, more specifically netsh interface, but that's only a guess.

Try 'netsh interface ipv6 reset'. If that doesn't work, you could try messing with the netsh command, more specifically netsh interface, but that's only a guess.

"There's no user specified settings to be reset" is what I get in response to 'netsh interface ipv6 reset.' I know nothing about IPv6 (or IPv4), just that my interwebs work...

Did you go through the whole live logins on both computers? You have to associate your live account with both client and host

Back