Windows 7 takes a long time to boot after plugging SSD into SATA3 port

the_transporter

Limp Gawd
I upgraded my Intel X25-M G2 80GB to a Plextor 128GB M5 Pro Xtreme.

I used Windows 7 Backup and Restore to create a system image from the Intel. I then took the image and restored it to the Plextor.

I proceeded to plug my Plextor into the SATA3 port on my Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. Windows 7 takes extremely long to boot (around 5~ minutes). Once I plug the Plextor in the SATA2 port, Windows 7 boots in 10-15 seconds. Any idea what is going on?

Also, I ran AS SSD benchmark with the Plextor plugged into the SATA2 port and I am getting 500MB/sec~ read and 300MB/sec write. For the read speed, how is that even possible when the max throughput of SATA2 is 3Gbps, which is around 300MB/sec~.

Thanks.

I would hazard a guess on checking for any firmware updates or known driver/hardware compatibility issues.

I would have definitely checked Windows Update for any updated drivers.

I know that on the (server MB) server that I built the SSD install / first bootup was astonishingly slow. After the first or 2nd round of 200+mb of updates it was lighting fast which probably implied the driver(s) it had may not have been suited for the task @ hand.

Thanks for the replies all. I tried Aesma's suggestion (quickest one) and that solved the problem. I had my Plextor plugged into the SATA3_1 port and not SATA3_0. The benchmark I wrote earlier is valid. I just had the ports mixed up. Windows 7 boots up quickly now and not 5 minutes like before.

Back