Windows 7 Tip of the Day: God Mode

Epic stuff Edward, Many thanks! Myself and a few buddies have been wanting a way to do this. I'll definately have to save this on a notepad somewhere :p.

It does work in Vista, just not in Vista x64. It was first found with Vista a long time ago.

Awesome tip, I posted this on my site a few days ago. :) A lot of people have since found this and posted it as a "new" discovery. :)

How is this any different than using the Search bar in the start menu (its the new hotness anyway)? If you know what you are looking for, the search bar will help you get there a lot easier, certainly easier than looking at a bunch of icons

How is this any different than using the Search bar in the start menu (its the new hotness anyway)? If you know what you are looking for, the search bar will help you get there a lot easier, certainly easier than looking at a bunch of icons

Sometimes you don't know what to type, precisely. This folder view is handy for scrolling through all of the available tweaks.

I didn't see a link to USERCONTROL PASSWORDS2 though . That would be nice. Just the default user panels.

From the picture I assume it is not supposed to display the ".{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" but mine does. How do you hide that?

by the way, you don't have to have the "God Mode" part of the file name. It's CLSID extension that makes it work.

Wow. Finally every tool I want in one place. Thanks for this!

One of the MS devs blogged about this. He thinks it's "goofy"

If an easy to scroll through comprehensive listing of the control panel is goofy what does he think of the mess of a multi-layered control panel they gave to the general public?

Back