Windows 7 USB install wants a driver, doesn't say which...

devil22

2[H]4U
I searched google and hardforum, and didn't find anything, but I am trying to install Windows 7 from a USB thumb drive, and when I get it booted off the thumb drive, Windows pops up a screen asking for a driver, doesn't say which. I downloaded all the SATA + Intel drivers from gigabyte.us and unzipped them onto my hard drive, when I browsed from the USB thumb drive Windows 7 installer to the directories, it loaded one of them and said it was installed ("motherboard_driver_sata_gb_sata2raid_bootdisk_64.exe", gigabyte calls it the 'f6 boot drivers'), then after that it says 'no new devices' and will only let me browse [for a driver] or Rescan. Next is greyed out. The motherboard is a gigabyte EX-X58-UD5, can someone please tell me what I need to do here? [edit: Additional note; I am running RAID-0 from the bios on the intel SATA ports]

Last edited:
Extract the f6 drivers into root of usb, then try again. When prompted point to usb, windows setup should load them without problems.

alright thx. will have to try some other time, as I changed my mind about reinstalling (fixed the issue another way already.)

Back