Windows 8 Upgrade Offer Might Not Be Free

Well that great for "tens of hundreds of thousands" of of folks using Windows Mobile then isn't it!

Or am I exaggerating there on the number of Windows phone users? :D

Thing is as with all these app stores, is doesnt matter how many apps you have. Only about 20 or so are crucial to any degree. The rest are copies or crap.

Windows Mobile. right...

All you're doing is proving the point that there will be many, many thousands of Metro apps, considering that Windows outsells Windows Phone by an order of magnitude. Windows Phone will have 100,000 apps probably by the end of summer, in less than two years. It's an absolute certainty that Widows 8 will see a much larger app market much faster than Windows Phone.

And how many of these "Apps" are going to be worth a damn?

You're main argument for why Win 8 can be justifiably shitty is the cross platform capabilities..
Except they don't have any other platform but the desktop. Windows Phone has about as much share in the mobile market as Apple does in the PC market, probably less. And I can't even think of any mass market tablets using Windows... but let's keep drumming the cross platform capability.

Newsflash, if it's about cross platform capability.. iOS and Android have already won; It's just a matter of time till you see Android on the desktop and that's game over for Windows if your theory of cross platform importance holds true.

You're main argument for why Win 8 can be justifiably shitty is the cross platform capabilities..
Except they don't have any other platform but the desktop. Windows Phone has about as much share in the mobile market as Apple does in the PC market, probably less. And I can't even think of any mass market tablets using Windows... but let's keep drumming the cross platform capability.

Newsflash, if it's about cross platform capability.. iOS and Android have already won; It's just a matter of time till you see Android on the desktop and that's game over for Windows if your theory of cross platform importance holds true.

Well, except that Windows 8 in not RTM yet. :rolleyes: He also never, ever said it was justifiably shitty, you did.

It will be MUCH harder for iOS and Android to make the jump to the desktop than it will be for Microsoft to make the jump to tablets. Desktop software is more complex and expensive to develop.

Plus at least for now Apple says that aren't even going to go the convergence rout, so they probably aren't even working on it. Except that I'm sure that they are in case Windows 8 proves successful.

Well, except that Windows 8 in not RTM yet. :rolleyes: He also never, ever said it was justifiably shitty, you did.

And what exactly is shitty? I'm not saying that Windows 8 is perfect but lets be honest, plenty of people are using the Consumer Preview and it's working just fine for them. People keep saying that Windows 8 sucks with a keyboard and mouse, and yet plenty of people are using JUST FINE with a keyboard and mouse. If it's so shitty why is it usable by anyone at all?

And what exactly is shitty? I'm not saying that Windows 8 is perfect but lets be honest, plenty of people are using the Consumer Preview and it's working just fine for them. People keep saying that Windows 8 sucks with a keyboard and mouse, and yet plenty of people are using JUST FINE with a keyboard and mouse. If it's so shitty why is it usable by anyone at all?

I was quoting the guy above me, not saying it myself.

In fact, I now have a tablet because of the Windows 8 CP, I am using it on my work machine/laptop with dual screens and have it installed at home. (Gaming issues on the CP and netflix problems are mostly what I am running into on the CP, everything else on it works great.)

In fact, I now have a tablet because of the Windows 8 CP, I am using it on my work machine/laptop with dual screens and have it installed at home. (Gaming issues on the CP and netflix problems are mostly what I am running into on the CP, everything else on it works great.)

Me too, and this is REALLY what's so freaking cool about Windows 8. It's such a complete platform on x86. It can do everything an tablet does and everything a PC does, in a thin and light package. Again something so many people are not getting. Intel and AMD now have x86 hardware that can be almost as thin and light and battery efficient as an iPad with touch and pen but also works with multiple monitors and mice and keyboards.

Back