Windows - change microphone bit rate from cmd?

I have a bug with teamspeak 3 where when I first connect to a server I sound like chipmunk. I've found that changing the windows microphone bitrate and applying it will fix the problem.

This is the property I'm trying to change. Sound > Recording > Microphone Properties > Advanced > Default Format

I'd like to be able to create a batch script that changes the format, closes the "Device in Use" error box, and then changes it back. Is this possible?

For me my registry settings are located here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Capture\{d0329ca2-8371-45f3-acc5-1f16ddda627d}\Properties]

Your device ID might be slightly different. Here's what you can do:
Step 1. Download a program called RegShot
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrg7mjn0bq6bbsq/Regshot2.0.1.70Unicode.zip)
Step 2. Putt your mic to default settings / state
Step 3. Run RegShot and take a capture of HKLM\SOFTWARE
Step 4. Change the settings to whatever it is you want them set to
Step 5. Take a second capture with RegShot

That will generate a report showing you what registry settings changed and how. You can then export the 2 files (Redo and Undo) and put those files into batch files that you can just double click or do whatever you want with.

For me my registry settings are located here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Capture\{d0329ca2-8371-45f3-acc5-1f16ddda627d}\Properties]

Your device ID might be slightly different. Here's what you can do:
Step 1. Download a program called RegShot
(https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrg7mjn0bq6bbsq/Regshot2.0.1.70Unicode.zip)
Step 2. Putt your mic to default settings / state
Step 3. Run RegShot and take a capture of HKLM\SOFTWARE
Step 4. Change the settings to whatever it is you want them set to
Step 5. Take a second capture with RegShot

That will generate a report showing you what registry settings changed and how. You can then export the 2 files (Redo and Undo) and put those files into batch files that you can just double click or do whatever you want with.

Thanks for the recommendation (from the other thread), but unfortunately, I don't think it'll work in my case. Specifically, because the problem I'm having is that my HDMI sound device's speaker-config keeps getting reset from 7.1->Stereo anytime its turned off or system rebooted.

I believe it's stemming from the nature of HDMI or DisplayPort-connected devices -- each time they're turned off, Windows "uninstalls" them; when they're turned back on, Windows "installs" them anew, but with new GUID's. So the registry keys are constantly changing (in my case).

Back