Windows Home Server - X1900 Video Card

magik20

[H]ard|Gawd
i cant seem to get this video card to work at ALL on WHS...

It does do basic video, but the drivers wont take... right now the primary driver in device manager is "yellowed" saying that the device wont start.

Im trying to use the XP basic driver from ATI's website...

the forums bugged for a minute when i was posting this... apparently it posted this 3 times..

admins please delete the other 2

Are you trying to use the ATI install program only? If it does not want to install the drivers because it is finding an "incompatible" OS, try to install the drivers from the Device Manger by pointing to the install directory, C:\ATI IIRC.

I had to do this for my HP printer. The install program would not install the drivers to WHS, but when I pointed Device Manger to the directory that HP created during the aborted install, the drivers installed just fine.

No guarantees, but it *should* work. This assumes that you do not have a flakey card...;)

well i just tried to fix the driver issue with no luck...

So i guess the question to ask is what graphics card do we KNOW works on the WHS?

I have a MSI 8600GT that was in the machine that I installed WHS on. Overkill, but the way it goes.

I had never installed the nVidia drivers, but I just tried it and they installed just fine.

Back