Windows Issue

GaleForce

Gawd
My computer is stuck in some sort of infinite boot loop. It crashed while I was using a screensaver that provided an RSS feed of digg.com. I figured it was legit because it made front page but obviously that wasn't the case. Anyway, my computer posts and then goes to the windows loading screen. After it finishes loading it just reboots and starts over. Any way I can fix this?

Where exactly does it freeze? Before/After the welcome screen (or password prompt)?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

It freezes after the splash screen; right before you would normally see the windows login screen. And no, I can't boot to safe mode. I have a Knoppix bootable CD and tried ntfsfix but that didn't work either.

Why not safe mode? All your post mentions is bouncing after the splash screen. Safe mode options would be before you hit the splash screen.

You can also try the recovery console and/or a repair if needed.

If I knew why I couldn't get into Safe Mode I wouldn't be posting here.

Tried repair already to no avail.

Check for Userinit.exe -- This file being missing once caused my PC to do the same thing. If it is missing, you can copy it from another similiar PC to yours.

GaleForce said:

As in, what happens when you try to get into safemode is what I was asking fucktard. Yeah, that's it. Post a question and give only partial information. That'll get it done for you. Twit.

GaleForce said:

You are pressing F8, right? ha-ha. :D

Back