Windows Media/MP3 Software?

D3DAiM

Limp Gawd
Soooo, I've been using Winamp for the days now..

I want to try a new mp3 media player that is LIGHT, SKINNABLE.
I wan to use this primarily as a MP3 MEDIA PLAYER (since I use VLC for all my vids).
And I want it to have GOOD PLAYLIST COMPATIBILITY.
PLUGIN compatibility would be a bonus as well.

Thanks guys!
reps
d3daim

Yeah everyone's talking about Foobar, so I will check it out man.
Other than that one, are there any others? Besides iTunes or Zune or mediamonkey....lol

Foobar2000 (it might be the same as foobar, I think?). Highly skinable, many plugins, just I have no clue how to use it beyond selecting a playlist and streaming it out a coaxial port.

Zune is a fat pig, itunes manages to top it (both on mac and PC).

Unfortuneately, I need both for WP7 development and my iPhone, lol.

Yeah, I just like the Zune album-cover collage when the thing is idling and playing. It'd be cool to have a skin similar to it for Foobar...

Any tips on any good plugins/skins for Foobar to make it pretty and add functionality?

[F8];1038381181 said:
Any reason to stop using winamp? What about mediamonkey

Mainly stopping winamp for more skin customizability. I don't really like the layout for mediamonkey...so no go.

Thanks. :)

Take a look at J.River media jukebox, I started using it recently and its my favourite so far.

wow, that one looks bad ass! Definitely giving that one a try. Thanks!!

J. River media center is far and away the best media player out there, the free jukebox program i havent used but i imagine it would be good coming from the same company.

I see many recommendations for Foobar2000, but I stick with Winamp because its media library is very powerful. Does Foobar2000 have a similarly powerful media library, preferably with a search function where you can search the comments tags of mp3 files?

Yes, it has a media library with tag search but don't know about searching comments in the tags.

Back