Windows reports double actual speed

Transient

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a strange problem where XP is showing my system running over double it's actual speed in the System Properties window. Eg.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
6400 @ 2.13GHz
5.61 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

If I run CPU-Z it reports the correct speed, however.

Normally I wouldn't really care, but I'm having a problem where Team Fortress 2 runs perfectly smooth, but my movement speed is about 1/2 what it should be. Everyone else in the game moves at normal speed (although their movement looks choppy) and my framerate is around 200 fps, so I'm sort of pointing the problem at this weird speed thing.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? :confused:

Well I managed to fix it by turning off the auto clock settings and manually specifying my clock speed. Very strange though.

Better late than never?

Yes, when Windows shows 2.13 GHz clock speed, then Team Fortress 2 runs a the proper speed. As it turned out, the problem wasn't really solved. Sometimes when I booted up, I'd get the correct speed, other times I'd get something way out of whack (such as 9.73GHz).

The problem was later resolved by updating to BIOS version 3.10.

Better late than never?

Yes, when Windows shows 2.13 GHz clock speed, then Team Fortress 2 runs a the proper speed. As it turned out, the problem wasn't really solved. Sometimes when I booted up, I'd get the correct speed, other times I'd get something way out of whack (such as 9.73GHz).

The problem was later resolved by updating to BIOS version 3.10.

Hmmmm,

very strange problem though.

Back